Which ISO for Pentium M?

abandonedaccount

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'd like some assistance in this matter. I have a Pentium M (used in laptops), fitted into a computer (ASUS makes an adapter).

Now, I am wondering which OSx86 ISO supports the Pentium M (SSE2 by the way), with an NVidia graphics card, SATA Harddrive, and integrated Intel 1Gbit LAN. Everything on the motherboard is Intel throughout. The motherboard was made for the Pentium 4 but has now been fitted with a Pentium M thanks to Asus's brilliance. The Pentium M is a much better CPU.

CPU: Intel Pentium M 740, "Dothan", SSE2, running at 2.7GHz and beating all Pentium 4's in every benchmark.;)
Motherboard: ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
Harddrive: Western Digital 500Gb SATA on Intel ICH5R Controller
Graphics card: NVidia GeForce 4 (will soon upgrade to an ATI X1950 Pro)
Soundcard: Integrated AC'97 aswell as a soundcard on the PCI bus (which I know has Mac drivers, and PC/Mac versions of the card hardware are identical so that'll work).
Network: (Integrated) "Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection"
Firewire: (Integrated, unknown make/model) "1394"
Peripherals: USB Mouse & Keyboard

What else is there? Did I miss anything?

Hoping for a reply soon, thank you all!

edit:

I have found the following image name, is this what I need?

"JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3"

a.k.a.

"Mac OS X 10.4.8 - JaS AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 incl. PPF1"

I am expecting installation hurdles getting everything to install and work, but this seems to be the latest "JaS" ISO. I know as much as "JaS" being the easiest of the ISOs that are out there. Anyhow, I am a newbie so I am kindly awaiting your replies. :)

Edited by c.hilding

• 2 weeks later...

First thing to know about me: I'm just the other amateur working with 'trial and error method' :)

I have a similar setup to yours:

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

Pentium-M 760 2GHz at stock speed

Maxtor 80GB ATA

Gigabyte 7600GS 256MB AGP Silent

I have succesfully installed OSX86 version 10.4.1 (tiger-x86.tar) and 10.4.4 (MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz).

I can update from version 10.4.4 to 10.4.5 (update on MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz), 10.4.6 (MacOSXUpd10.4.6Intel_V3), 10.4.7 (JaS.10.4.7.Update.(Intel).pkg) and 10.4.8 (JaS.10.4.8.Update.Intel.SSE2.Only.pkg).

Updating to 10.4.7 and 10.4.8 makes Dashboard crash :)

I've tried "JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3" without succes, I get this error when booting "Unable to find a driver for this platform: ACPI".

All settings related to CPU and ACPI were tried in BIOS but none solved the error.

Macvidia drivers never worked for me so far, I'm not able to try Natit due to no 8.8.1 kernel in my tried versions.

well i used the 10.4.7 install DVD. (Pentium M 735)

but just so you know, there is no such thing as best ISO, they all are the same, i installed 10.4.4 & 10.4.5 & 10.4.6 & 10.4.7 from diffrent ISOs over the years OSX86 has been around. all worked fine.

there was an issue with the 10.4.8 install DVD and jas relesed an updated version of it.