ATI RV370 RADEON x550

codestain

4 posts in this topic

Try checking the wiki:

Radeon X550XL 256MB 256-bit PCI-Express

ATI / Sapphire /Asus

Works at 1024x768 resolution after stock 10.4.6 Goatse.cx DVD install and at 1440x900x32@60Hz on Asus LCD PW191, DVI digitalLCD, OSX10.4.6DVDinstall. Full CI/QE, Q2D, OpenGL with Omni Castillo driver (008, CallistoFB), any resolution. With mouse tearing. Vendor 0x1002 (ATI), Device ID 0x5b63 Yes, but tearing Any Needs Callsito to enable display adjustments in control panel.

To get to the wiki just click the OSx86 Project Logo at the top right of the page.

Also, what would posses you to check ATI's site? Perhaps you haven't realized why we all call our machines hackintoshes. Right now the only ATI or nVidia cards you can get on Intel Macs are those sold with the Mac Pro, and those will only work on a genuine Intel Mac. Neither ATI nor nVidia has made any type of driver for normal PC video cards to work on OS X. Unless you have a GMA950 GPU, you have to use something like Titan, Natit, or Callisto, and those only work on a limited number of cards.

It says it works with callisto driver with osx 10.4.6. I have the Jas 10.4.8 I don't know if there's a difference..

I tried to go to Omni's Callisto project site but it won't work ( http://omni.starchaser.org/callisto ) Is this the right address?

I'll keep trying but if someone already as the file please upload it for me :(

Omni has officially discontinued his Callisto project and seeing as it was closed source development is not likely to continue. In the mean time Mchouin has got the Katana project running. You might be able to use his files to help you. Just search the forum for Katana.