Apple Front Row Copies MS Media Center

track09

27 posts in this topic

That's what I say. I don't care who is first. If whoever was first was the only, we'd have monopolies. What I like is the competition. For example, I prefer MCE due to it's extended feature set, but Front Row's interface is SO much more ellegant.

track09

Well, there always things copied or taken over if they're good. I think, if something works well... why don't pick up that idea and

also use it? That's nothing bad so far. The thing which I personally don't like is, that there is something copied from someone else

and then they claim to have developed it their self... or even more fancier, if they claim that the idea has been stolen and the

other firm just was faster in releasing their final product.

The whole story about the GUI things.... like exposè, beryl.. and the microsoft one.

For me personally, beryl is to overloaded... sure it looks damn cool, but it is not really

so functional if you ask me.

I don't know what to say about the microsoft thing. Exposè combined with space is the most functional in my opinion.

Well Apple also copies or takes over ideas... sure, but they integrate it so seamlessly. Is their something more sleek

than frontrow? I just love the transition when pressing the button on my apple remote :blush:

Sure they do copy things... maybe it is not always better. But "better" that's dependent on your person needs.