Video and 3D Acceleration

Jumb0

9 posts in this topic

Is there anyone working to produce some 3d acceleration for osx86? I'm not an advanced developer so I'm unclear what the barriers are at this point. Could someone, more knowledgable than myself, explain more on this topic.

Is there anyone working to produce some 3d acceleration for osx86? I'm not an advanced developer so I'm unclear what the barriers are at this point. Could someone, more knowledgable than myself, explain more on this topic.

For the moment, and as shown at the Hardware Components List ( http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCLPart ) the only video chip that offers 2d and 3d acc. is the Intel GMA900.

For the moment, and as shown at the Hardware Components List ( http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCLPart ) the only video chip that offers 2d and 3d acc. is the Intel GMA900.

No its the only one that supports QuarztExtreme...

My Radeon 7500 is fully 3d accelerated. (For example) The OpenGL screensaver and

mathematical function 3d app (forgot the name) are working with full speed,

But of course the card does not support QE.

If you look in the kernel extension folder there appear to only be drivers for the ATI Rage128 cards and the Radeon 8500 and 9700. There are reports of these drivers loading and operating for GL on these cards, therefore I would expect these cards to possibly work with that hack for Quartz Extreme. I cannot test because I have a Rage XL(which is really a Mach64 and doesn't work with those drivers) and a Radeon 9800.

I know my 9800pro 256mb (which was mismarked at CC as a 9800 128mb) doesn't do jack. I had to delete all the ATI kexts to even get OSX to boot in normal mode. I would be forever greatful for someone to port/write ATI drivers :)

I have a 9700 Pro and also had to deleted all my driver KEXT's to be able to boot normally. If there's a way to get the 9700 drivers to work, I'd love to know - because the OS in general is working pretty fast, but hey, it wouldn't hurt to get it going faster and with some acceleration :)