Toshiba A135-S4487 How to Dual boot Vista Home

Fischerms80

6 posts in this topic

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4487

Specs:

Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology

Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor T5500,

Intel® 945GM Express chipset

GMA 950 Video (can steal upto 224mb for it's needs)

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection (802.11a/b/g)

2GB PC4200 DDR2

100GB Primary SATA Drive (Vista Home Premium - not by choice...)

120mb Seconday SATA Drive (empty - would like to put OS X 10.4.8 JAS).

The old system I had dual booted XP/JAS OS X 10.4.8 w/ Acronis Boot selector which was a Dell Inspiron 2200

Pention M 1.6ghz 1.2gb ram(single core and maxed ram).

Currently it seems Acronis Disk Director suite is not compatible with Billy's latest Creation.

So what is the best method to dual boot this beast?

Chian0 seems to be a little risky.

I would be willing to wait for Acronis to update their disk director suite to support Vista.

I can live with out the Intel Wireless(10/100/1000 wire is faster for deal with my NAS).

In my I did not have to go thru the DISKPART routines. Changed the boot order in the bios as follows:

DVD

HDD2 Toshiba 120gb - OS X target

HDD1 Hitachic 100gb - Windows Vista Home.

Booted with JAS 10.4.7 DVD, Partitioned/Formated 120gb drive, Installed with SSE3, GMA900, options.

System boot with no wireless network(this was expected), No sound - Realtek HDA, No Ethernet Realtek RTL8168 series.

Booted with JAS 10.4.8 w/8.8.1 kernel. Upgraded system with GMA 950

System boots still with the 3 item not working. GMA950 is working in Native 1280x800 on Laptop LCD and 1280x1024 on 17" external LCD display.

Will try with assorted suggestions to get the sound & ethernet up. Not concern about wireless.

Will copy chain0 to hitachi drive & add to Vista boot menu. Could just select it in the bios boot menu and have risk of scewing up the vista side.

Ethernet NIC is up Running.

Audio is running thru speakers with headphones plugged, strange but sound is better then no sound

Intel 3945abg - no go but not really needed. If need to have wireless then boot billyware disk (Vista) instead.

The boot up speed of OS X is night and day difference compared to Windows Vista.

I guess the old rule of years ago really applies with vista -

Intel giveth and Microsoft taketh.

Inte;/AMD gives faster CPUS and Microsoft finds a way to make them just as slow as previous systems.

• 3 months later...

Fischerms80: i have a toshiba satellite s205 with an intel core 2 duo t7200 and i have different JaS releases 10.4.7, 10.4.8 intel only and 10.4.8 with pp1 & pp2 plus 10.4.9 patch but I can't even complete setup when booting from the DVD. How did you do this??? did you have to disable the 2nd core in the system bios? are you using boot switches during boot process? (cpus=1 or platform=OSX86)?? I have tried all of this and no luck. the only way i was able to get it to run once was configuring VMWare to use the physical partition, installing 10.4.7, installing Grub, then disabling the 2nd core in my BIOS. I was able to run the OS once without network or enhanced graphics and ir ran extremely fast but once i rebooted began to get Kernel panic and haven't been able to use it again.

thank you...

• 2 months later...

I have Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467

All run is Good and More fast the Windows XP, VISTA, or Linux Ubuntu..

i need instal my Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection (802.11a/b/g)

if you know , let me know :(