Nvidia Quadro FX1400

DiCroSi

11 posts in this topic

Ok, so everyone forget my last topic.

I now have a Dell Precision 370, which has a NVidia Quadro FX1400 PCIe video card, with Dual DVI. Windows says that the VEN ID: 10DE and Dev: 00CE

I have OS X 10.4.8 installed, using the JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3.

uname -a says: Darwin computer-name.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1 Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Updated to the newest semthex kernel (SF9 Jan 10) and it was working fine.

Try to install any NVidia Drivers, I get the screen that says "You need to restart your computer..." Thats any NVidia driver. I have been struggling with this for the past 4 days, and now have done hundreds of OS X reinstalls.

Is there anyone out there that has had similar problems? I would love any help that anyone can give me!

Thanks,

ben

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi,

i have an nvidia quadro fx 1300, uphuck intel v1.4 r2 installs (only from vmware) nicely, then, when i try to boot my monitor turns off after the grey apple logo. as far as i have heared, the os keeps booting, bit i cannot see anything.

i think, it is pretty much the same problem. did anyone come to a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
It is not entirely correct about DVI not functioning on OSX86...

Pls refer to the pic :-

Opteron 165

K8N-Neo4-F

Quadro FX1400 PCIe

you are a god - as far as i know - if you have QE/CI supported with that card.

which .kexts are you using? please, could you help me with a bit more specs, i have been trying for months now..

is it possible that i should get the 10.4.10 update? or another version of the os (JaS for example?)

my specs are in the attachment..

i have quadro fx 1300 but (being a noob for hadware) i belive it is pretty much the same except device IDs.

post-133099-1190724344_thumb.png

You need to edit 4 kext files (Natit.kext/NVDAResman.kext/NVDANV40hal.kext/GeForce.kext).

Make sure you only insert your id (0x00fe10de) in all the above kext files..

I've used it on both Jas & Tubgirl DVD's...

Before anything just do a Backup of the files...

Btw am not god, am only a servant of god...

You need to edit 4 kext files (Natit.kext/NVDAResman.kext/NVDANV40hal.kext/GeForce.kext).

thank you! :)

tried it, seems to be the standard method which i have been through dozens of times. screen goes blank, and monitor says 'no input signal'.

could you tell me the version of your nvda&geforce and natit .kexts?

for the first time i feel i am close.. thanks again and sorry for the deification. :lol:

bamdad

thank you! :P

tried it, seems to be the standard method which i have been through dozens of times. screen goes blank, and monitor says 'no input signal'.

could you tell me the version of your nvda&geforce and natit .kexts?

for the first time i feel i am close.. thanks again and sorry for the deification. :thumbsup_anim:

bamdad

I used Jas-10.4.8 Natit.kexts

hm..

tried it with your kexts,

firstly, i did not modify them, with your device id (0x00ce10de) they simply did not load, except for NVDANVResman.kext;

secondly, i replaced the id with mine (0x00fe10de), and got the same results as earlier: monitor goes blank and says 'no input signal';

thirdly, i temporarily removed the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist and loginwindow.plist, but with no luck.

when natit loads, i see that it _does_ recognizes my quadro fx 1300, but then i see a 'display: family specific matching fails' message; i think the problem may be in connection with that.

so i have put back everything to as it was. thanks for your help, though.

---

strangely, there is one driver which partially works for me, this. i think it is a macvidia beta driver (tried the latest macvidia, it makes my monitor go out of range regardless of which .plist i edit), and with it i have resolution and ref.rate switching, but no QE/CI. the odd thing is that when it loads it also recognizes my card, but in system profiler it says 'unknown geforce model' (see my attachment above)..

i think my card is simply not supported in either natit or macvidia, only this beta driver has the 'error' of supporting at least some features. :P

so now, i am really stuck. :P

---

edit: tried to insert device id values into IONDRVSupport.kext with no luck.

osx86_noob could you show me how to edit these kext, Iam rookie and not even know all the command. I have a fx1400 and it doesn't work with Titan on Jas 10.4.8, after I remove Titan it works but no CI/QE. Thanks you