warcraft III 1.21 crashes

mykell9999

7 posts in this topic

is anyone else having this problem? i installed warcraft III, upgraded to 1.21. It crashes pretty often, sometimes to desktop, sometimes it completely locks up the computer.

My hardware specs: pentium d 2.8 oc'ed to 3.3 both cores working

asrock 945 chipset mobo

1 gig ddr2

nvidia geforce 6500 w/ natit full qe , ce

alc880 sound

realtek 8139 on board lan ( using old IONetworkingfamily.kext )

generic firewire card ( working )

200 gig samsung hd - sata

os specs: jas 10.4.8 dvd w/ the latest sse3 kernel ( sf9 )

Halo UB and civ 4 is pretty stable, with only the occassional crash to desktop after a whole evening of playing.

anyone else having this issue ?

Edited by mykell9999

is anyone else having this problem? i installed warcraft III, upgraded to 1.21. It crashes pretty often, sometimes to desktop, sometimes it completely locks up the computer.

My hardware specs: pentium d 2.8 oc'ed to 3.3 both cores working

asrock 945 chipset mobo

1 gig ddr2

nvidia geforce 6500 w/ natit full qe , ce

alc880 sound

realtek 8139 on board lan ( using old IONetworkingfamily.kext )

generic firewire card ( working )

200 gig samsung hd - sata

os specs: jas 10.4.8 dvd w/ the latest sse3 kernel ( sf9 )

Halo UB and civ 4 is pretty stable, with only the occassional crash to desktop after a whole evening of playing.

anyone else having this issue ?

I couldn't get ANY game to work on my P4 system (P4 630, I915 chipset, Radeon X1600pro 256, 2GB RAM). Tried several drivers (including NATIT) to no avail.

I reverted back to 10.4.5, copied apps from an 10.4.6 and did the 10.4.7 JAS-upgrade installing the 10.4.7 upgrade on 10.4.5 breaks iSync. I guess iSync is different in 10.4.6 then in 10.4.5 :-(

Now I use the old BorisBadenov_3.2-Radeon driver and my system works back as it should. With much less problems than 10.4.8. I guess 10.4.8 is fine if your system match current crop of Intel macs (Core 2 Duo or Core Duo cpu's and assorted chipsets/mainboards). The two 'nigles' that I've found so far is that System-profiler doesn't recognise when I slim down universal apps to Intel-apps. I can force System profiler by removing the affordmentioned app out o/t Applications folder, refresh profiler, move back and refresh profiler again. I remember that this is the only thing that worked flawless in 10.4.8 :-) And parallels RC2's USB doesn't work at all. I an't get ANY USB device working. I remember that USB used to work I just can't remember which Parallels version was good.

Oh And games work fine now (for as far as they work on intel macs). I do my testing with the free fps 3D engine Sauerbraten. If that doesn't crash in the first minute then its save :-)

Regards,

EPDM

i have a solution......buy a *real* mac

i have a solution for your jackassery... kill yourself.

Ok, i'm just kidding, but still. This whole forum was founded on the idea of running OS X on machines that aren't supported. So if you want to be an ass when someone asks a legit question, please leave the forum. Believe me, no one will miss you.

As for the question at hand, I have no problems running on the machine in my sig. In fact, it runs faster than it does in Vista or XP. :)