Geforce 4 MX 420 and alpha driver???

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten the alpha driver to work with this card? I followed the instructions on their site but it doesnt appear to have made any changes to the performance. If anyone has gotten it to work please post info on what you did because the instructons on their site didnt work for me.

Here is what system profiler says about my video card:

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: AGP

Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0181

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

OK i played around with this and got it working. Although I cannot see any difference in speed or anything else.

here is what system profiler says now:

GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X:

Chipset Model: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

Displays:

Display:

Can be the mx440 working with the Resolution of 1024*768 now?or 1280 x 1024?

and my motherbroad is intel 845Epi,is it can be supported?

mine is running fine at 1280x1024x32 with no problems by adding the line "graphics mode"="1280x1024x32" when booting. Whenever I try to add 85htz refresh rate my system crashes though. Im not sure about your motherboard. i have this running on a dell dimension 4550/ 2.66ghz P4 (no sse3), and its decently fast. It runs osx tiger much better than a G4 powermac that I have running jaguar. The nvidia drivers did help for video playback and general speed of the UI.

mine is running fine at 1280x1024x32 with no problems by adding the line "graphics mode"="1280x1024x32" when booting. Whenever I try to add 85htz refresh rate my system crashes though. Im not sure about your motherboard. i have this running on a dell dimension 4550/ 2.66ghz P4 (no sse3), and its decently fast. It runs osx tiger much better than a G4 powermac that I have running jaguar. The nvidia drivers did help for video playback and general speed of the UI.

thx,maybe i need to Install the 10.4.3 completely by myself on my own PC,

i used a ghost source last time,and here i don't have a DVD burning,so i'm waiting ,just looking for the right time to buy a DVD disk for this "Mac 10.4.3 X86".

sounds like wasting time... funny.

• 2 months later...
OK i played around with this and got it working. Although I cannot see any difference in speed or anything else.

here is what system profiler says now:

GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X:

Chipset Model: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

Displays:

Display:

what kind of chipset do you have? i have a similar card, but my cpu is an i850 Pentium 4 with SSE2, and all I can get is 1024x768. if i try to bump up the resolution, the colors go down to 256 and it looks terrible.

if you could tell me your computer setup, maybe it would indicate why mine's not working.... or did you do something funky to get it to work?