considering refurb...

8 posts in this topic

Ok, first of all I am OBSESSED WITH GERMS. I cannot touch things then use something else without washing my hands if its not mine. So, that is one of the reasons I'd rather get a new macbook instead of used. However, the refurbs are noticeably cheaper, and I was wondering what you guys thought I should do.

haha well dont let germs get in the way of saving hundreds of dollars, its worth it for the amount saved!

OK :hysterical: . And are there scratches or anything, or does Apple polish the screen and make it look really nice-like new?

I bought a refurb white macbook and mbp, both came in great condition. I did a little research on apple refurbs before my first purchase, and it seemed the general consensus was that apple had very high standards in the sale of refurb products. The mbp came slightly dirty, screen had a few smugges, but nothing a soft cloth couldnt take care of. After the bit of cleaning, it was perfect ascetically, and the macbook came shinny and clean, looked untouched. So i will continue to buy refurbs from apple, both my experiences have been excellent and it was definitely worth the savings.

Edited by tipnmo