5 posts in this topic

help:when i use chain0 to boot mac x86,pc said:"chain0 booting error"

my c:\boot.ini

-----------------

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

c:\grldr="Grub"

C:\Chain0="Mac OS X86"

-----------------post-13950-1130929789_thumb.jpg

"Chain Booting Error" means, quite simply, the Chain0 was unable to find a partition to boot from.

The partition needs to be type=AF and needs the Darwin boot loader on the partition else it will not boot.

thinks first.

as you say:"The partition needs to be type=AF" how shound i do it?can you tell me the way?(sorry I speak English very poor,my mother language is not English,so i wish you put some pic)

and , the "chain0"is on c:(first partition of my sata harddisk),not on the mac x86 partition.

so~

thinks first.

as you say:"The partition needs to be type=AF" how shound i do it?can you tell me the way?(sorry I speak English very poor,my mother language is not English,so i wish you put some pic)

and , the "chain0"is on c:(first partition of my sata harddisk),not on the mac x86 partition.

so~

English isn't my native language too, so i'll try my best. You can create an "AF" partition using "DiskPart" tool. This program is included inside Win XP, you only need go to 'START', hit 'RUN' and there type 'CMD' and hit [ENTER] key, you'll get Command's window active, there you type "DiskPart" (without quotes " ) and after you'll can to create the partition. Follow this guide click here! and maybe you'll understand it better. Good Luck !!.

seems that grub boot loader is conflicting with chain0. can u tell me do u try to boo mact from GRUB, since the settings for adding chain0 with GRUB are different and requires editing of a GRUB specific file.

Try removing the grub boot loader by using Windows 98 disk and giving command as FDISK /mbr on the command prompt, this will remove the GRUB bootloader if it exists, u don't need to format any partition, if the Mac OS X is already installed.

Since the job of chain0 is to detect the OS X partition.

from the pictures, it seems that you have installed mac os x on the last partition, you need to install mac os x at the very first partition of the drive.