GarageBand for OSx86?

thecheeks

8 posts in this topic

I have been using garageband for a while but as eveybody else said, it runs slow and

one of the most important features like "amp simulation" is just kills the applications. you can't playback

amp simulated entruments.

However I still use it for my drums..

Until it is complied for intel I dont think it can be used as a stand alone software. I use cool-edit for recording

with my creative audigy on WinXP and switch the files over to garageband for effects and compression etc..

Hope this helps..

thx

I have been using garageband for a while but as eveybody else said, it runs slow and

one of the most important features like "amp simulation" is just kills the applications. you can't playback

amp simulated entruments.

However I still use it for my drums..

Until it is complied for intel I dont think it can be used as a stand alone software. I use cool-edit for recording

with my creative audigy on WinXP and switch the files over to garageband for effects and compression etc..

Hope this helps..

thx

Uh... what?

I've been running garageband since i installed osx86 and it runs perfectly. I don't run it in Rosetta. I can playback amp simulated instruments.... Am I just lucky?!

I've also installed the complete garageband jampack w/ 2000 more loops..

Due to the rosetta emulation the performance of GarageBand is simply not good enough to do serious things with it.

I'd recommend either to wait for the next version of GarageBand or to buy a mac mini.

sad.. are your stats below still correct? its slow on your 3.0ghz hw? are you overclocking at all?

--------------------

MSI 915G Combo-FR

Intel p4 630

1 GB Kingston DDR2

Pioneer DVR-110D

Maxtor 250GB SATA 6L250S0

Generic DVD install R1