restart after right mouse click on 10.4.8.(8.1.)

me@home

11 posts in this topic

I notice whenever (OK not exact every time but 1 from 3) I click on an app or a folder to check the info (size) about it doing with right click on it the window closes and restarts, running applications are still running but it's a bit **** :)

Anyone has "this" too ? Or what might help ? On Tubgirld DVD finder is version 10.4.6 what's the on the newest Jas releases ?

Right Click on Finder/other app launch a certain process, so if it crashes it seems that process/program is damaged, did you saw anything in the console logs / system logs?

well had to re install the down mentioned dvd (changed my 100gb for a 160hd) on my notebook:

it was all ok UNTIL I installed ilife06, iwork and office2004 (incl. the last patches)...now it_'s the same again...

I get no error or anything else only the finder window quits and I have to re open it, i.e. the program i install during this won't quite or get cracked all is working even camino with surfing the net...

please post your FINDER versions...maybe I just have to use Pacifist to install a newer one (if exists?).

well had to re install the down mentioned dvd (changed my 100gb for a 160hd) on my notebook:

it was all ok UNTIL I installed ilife06, iwork and office2004 (incl. the last patches)...now it_'s the same again...

I get no error or anything else only the finder window quits and I have to re open it, i.e. the program i install during this won't quite or get cracked all is working even camino with surfing the net...

please post your FINDER versions...maybe I just have to use Pacifist to install a newer one (if exists?).

i installed only office.. i think the problem comes from microsoft than!! :rolleyes:

THe same problem like me (after update latest 09 01 patch for Office 2004), and now my system won't login due to login window crash, ;-)

oh my dear, MS did it again ! :)

Well then I might have to search something else for office on mac (excel and word) or wait 1/2 year for the office 2008....

• 1 month later...

Searched Apples forums and found a fix.. Turns out Stuffit "Stuffed It" screws up when it was installed and added itself to the "Contextual Menu Items" I dragged the "StuffItCM.plugin" item out of the "Contextual Menu Items" folder and problem is no more.

Well, if that works, then I owe you a lot. I'm tired of opening up packages and having my Finder crash.

Edit : Yes, it does work. Thanks. I'm going to go... right click on some things....

Edited by Justin R.