Hi! Im new here (:

PaW

9 posts in this topic

First of all, I have to say I dont really speak english so you may not understand some of the things I write, if that happens plz tell me so I'll try to explain myself again.

I came here, to this forum and community for one thing. Well I tryed Linux, Windows and now I wanna try Mac OS.

I cant buy myself a Mac cause Im just 14 years old (15 in a week ^^) but it seems that you can install Mac on PCs now (im not so related with macs, this is the first time ill try something that has to do something with macs). I have an AMD Sempron Processor 2400+

What can I do?

Well I hope I get some answers

And please, if the topic isnt in the right place please dont delete it

Salu2!

Guest bikedude880

Sadly, you need at a minimum, the SSE2 processor instruction in order to run Mac OS X. List of AMD Sempron microprocessors

Depending on your motherboard, you might be able to upgrade the proc to something more recent, but it's iffy at best.

EDIT: Your motherboard has a Socket A connection, so it is impossible to upgrade your proc to something compatible.

Sadly, you need at a minimum, the SSE2 processor instruction in order to run Mac OS X. List of AMD Sempron microprocessors

Depending on your motherboard, you might be able to upgrade the proc to something more recent, but it's iffy at best.

EDIT: Your motherboard has a Socket A connection, so it is impossible to upgrade your proc to something compatible.

Mmmm, whats the thing do I have to upgrade? Be more specifically please, I dont think I really undestand all did you said. You mean something like installing a most recent driver or what? I didnt really undestand it.

Thnx for replying (=

Salu2!

donwload cpu-z an make sure ur proc is capable of sse2 or sse3... try to see all your hardware if its compatible!! go here

Im really lost :S Everythings new to me. I dont know what is sse2 or sse3, or what is cpu-z, or what is the last version of Mac OS. Please give me a little introduction to get me orientated :censored2:

Salu2!

EDIT:

dibujo6zo.png

its not :S what can i do???

Edited by PaW

awss... upgrade ur proc.. or buy a new box with the most compatible hardware!!

what do mean by saying upgrade?? Whats the thing do i have to upgrade?? Drivers? sry for my ignorance but i dont really undestand you

Salu2!

Upgrade means replace your existing Computer component/parts. from the way i see it, since you only have AMD Sempron 2400, it is limited only to SSE Instructions. Mac OS needs at least SSE2 or SSE3 Multimedia Instructions. SSE3 is a CPU Features, that your Current Computer don,t have. :unsure: