Jas 10.4.8 sse3 sse2 install

Shanems3

7 posts in this topic

Pc Specs

E6300

dg965wh

1gig ram

ati x1900gt

Install went wthout a hitch, installed all associated patches, on reboot, all i get is the cursor at the top the screen blinking.....

has anyone seen this before.. i cant even do a startup in with -v because it doesnt get that far?

ok, did a dual boot with vista, now both boot fine exept , after the gray apple screen it goes black and looses signal on monitor..

the video card i have is a 1900gt ati , is there any other drivers other than theones on the jas 1048 sse2 sse3 dvd.. i am guessing thats all it is because i can still hear the system loading after the screen is black

ok, did a dual boot with vista, now both boot fine exept , after the gray apple screen it goes black and looses signal on monitor..

the video card i have is a 1900gt ati , is there any other drivers other than theones on the jas 1048 sse2 sse3 dvd.. i am guessing thats all it is because i can still hear the system loading after the screen is black

I would say try to give it one more install and this time do not select any of the ati patch packages (might not be compatible with your video card). you should be able to get to the desktop.

Pc Specs

E6300

dg965wh

1gig ram

ati x1900gt

Install went wthout a hitch, installed all associated patches, on reboot, all i get is the cursor at the top the screen blinking.....

has anyone seen this before.. i cant even do a startup in with -v because it doesnt get that far?

Can you please tell me how you managed to install from DVD?

I have the same board (DG965WH), and i am unable to install any image i have tried.

Patched the latest one, but no go for me.

Did you changed anything from Bios?

Do you boot from IDE DVD-ROM?

Waiting for any suggestion on this board

Regards

go into bios, chage sata to native achi , u must have a dvd sata and hdd sata, i nstalled vista on 30 gigs, the other 30 was a raw partion. loaded the mac disk new jas on, booted fine installed, i had to use the dvi to vga convertor to get a video, the pc is up and running, few dots onthe screen , i guess thats because the kext is just right for the video card, usb doesntwork , onboard net not working and sound out.. i didnt get a chance to run any test on getting them to work irght just yet..

jas, i used the dvi to vga convertor and it works, i am gussing we dont have dvi support yet.. great work on the dvd 10.4.8, that is the only disk i could get to boot on my pc... i have both cores runnign on cpu, its extremely fast and stable.. great work..

kle, pm me with any other questions , ill respond faster , and ill keep u updated on fixes for our mobo, what processor you are usiing?

I don't have SATA DVD-ROM and also doesn't have any other video card, only the onboard X3000.

I tried with some older Jas iso, using an External USB box to make my DVD-ROM a USB to boot with no luck.

Tryied with a number of different DVD-ROM brands, no luck.

If i wont make it, i am thnking on buying some other M/B like ASUS P5LD2-VM, and replace this (very nice) INTEL DG965WH.