Color/gamma problem with tft screen

ced64k

6 posts in this topic

I have a color color/gamma problem with OSX86 and my new (cheap) tft screen. The problem appears with all light colors. For example, in iTunes, I can't see the stripped white/blue lines. Every line is white like this :

post-69099-1168720519_thumb.gif

All work fine with the same tft screen under Windows or even with my Powerbook connected (with the same color profile), like this :

post-69099-1168720557_thumb.gif

I tried the color calibration tools, but nothing changed. And strangely, the problem doesn't appear with a crt screen.

Any idea ? Driver problem ?

If you are not seeing any changes on the TFT screen using the Color Calibration tool, it means that the video driver is not able to get the look up table (LUT) loaded into the video card for that screen's output. The CRT uses an analog output while the TFT is maybe using a digital output, but whatever the reason, your driver seems to be only handling color management fully on the one type of output. This is still a problem with some of the hacked drivers we are using. If you do find a driver that will work in this way with your TFT screen, then keep in mind that a profile needs to be unique to a video card/screen combination. So you would need to profile for each display and then try to get the correct profiles associated with each one. Macs can get a single card to output with different profiles for each head, but Windows can not.

Or just sit tight for like two more weeks and see how the hacked drivers shake out. There is serious work being done on them right now, and it is making progress daily. I have a feeling they will get to be 99% working in another week, or we find out that that time that some things will never work.