mac os x installation on acer aspire 1690?

santos

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

i've a acer aspire 1690 laptop and i'd like to install the mac os x on it.

has anybody tried it on this model?

is it possible without alot of knowlege?

and does anybody know how to change the mac-address of my ethernet card?

i need to do this because of my stupid inet provider...

thx,

santos

• 2 weeks later...

I have spire 1694. (Centrino 2.ghz, 1gb ram, 100 hd, ati x700)

all is working with jas 10.4.7, except:

wifi intel 2200bg (I bought a new wifi card for 20 €-$ on ebay)

integrated ethernet (it's broadcom, I've tried modifyng kext, but without result)

resolution screen is only 1024x768. With ATi x700 card and Callisto drivers I was not able to get 1280x800 (15:9)

powermanagement

bye!

p.s. maybe 1690 has different hardware...

I've tried the installation with the 10.4.7 JaS DVD on a WLMi1691.

I got graphics with the Callisto and Koverg solution (mousetearing included...) on my x600 but couldn't get the ethernet card working after any amount of trial and tribulation. That pretty much pissed me off and, since I needed the laptop just around then, I went back to windows. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to try again since, though I've heard that 10.4.8 has some interesting fixes floating around...

• 1 year later...
I have spire 1694. (Centrino 2.ghz, 1gb ram, 100 hd, ati x700)

all is working with jas 10.4.7, except:

wifi intel 2200bg (I bought a new wifi card for 20 €-$ on ebay)

integrated ethernet (it's broadcom, I've tried modifyng kext, but without result)

resolution screen is only 1024x768. With ATi x700 card and Callisto drivers I was not able to get 1280x800 (15:9)

powermanagement

bye!

p.s. maybe 1690 has different hardware...

i i have this notebook can you tell me you current mac os??

thank's

• 10 months later...

Acer Aspire 1690 WMLi (Model ZL3)

Confirmed ... I have managed to install JAS 10.4.8 on this laptop... After many ... many tries with iAtkos V7 i have failed every time... but it seems the JAS edition is your best bet when dealing with this machine...

If any of you manage to install any other versions on this Model of laptop please let me know...

Also same problems as Zebaril ... Wifi issues, intergrated ethernet...

Im using the GMA 900 driver, my version of this laptop doesn't acutally have the ATI graphics card, Europeon model from what i can research... so its just using the internal graphics card, and i have higher than 1024x768 as a resolution.

Hi guys

i have tried to install iAktos v5, v7 and

2 of the IPC distributions, one of them were the 6.5gb image

V7 boots up with chameleon and get to the apple screen, but after while it shows a “broken image icon”

The funny thing is

If I fire it up with the dvd and press F8. then tab "-v rd=disk0s3" for my case is disk3 all go well. I can use the mac os x desktop. But no drivers are installed beside the vga.

Any clues ??

I will give Jas a try this weekend,

Any body have any suggestions, driver hints or links about aspire 1690, on mac OS X

Be kind and share you knowledge.

Thanks

Vinan

I had the same problem Vivian, when i used Iatkos... i could install it no problem but for some reason, even after adding Sata drivers i just could not get past the "No Symbol Sign" would always Mach Reboot on me..

Trust me try JAS ... i just re-installed JAS 10.4.8 with the added PPF v1 & PPF v2 .. search around you'll find it, its awsome no problems what so ever, have everything running except a few power management features...

Now i'm in the process of updating to 10.4.11 i will let everyone know how i get through... this laptop is pretty good for installing this version, i will have to update the HLC once i get this thing working perfect...

The only one i would like to try is the IPC version with the so called huge updated driver list but cant seem to find a proper copy

ALSO what ever you do with this newly updated version "PPF 1 & 2" included it does not seem to like the GMA900 driver anymore... so take my advice do not install it, the only thing you need to install, is the Intel ATA drivers...

I had the same problem Vivian, when i used Iatkos... i could install it no problem but for some reason, even after adding Sata drivers i just could not get past the "No Symbol Sign" would always Mach Reboot on me..

Trust me try JAS ... i just re-installed JAS 10.4.8 with the added PPF v1 & PPF v2 .. search around you'll find it, its awsome no problems what so ever, have everything running except a few power management features...

Now i'm in the process of updating to 10.4.11 i will let everyone know how i get through... this laptop is pretty good for installing this version, i will have to update the HLC once i get this thing working perfect...

The only one i would like to try is the IPC version with the so called huge updated driver list but cant seem to find a proper copy

ALSO what ever you do with this newly updated version "PPF 1 & 2" included it does not seem to like the GMA900 driver anymore... so take my advice do not install it, the only thing you need to install, is the Intel ATA drivers...

Also, can someone let me know if the GMA950 drivers work ???... cause for some reason i cant even install them my box is always grayed out.. thx

• 3 weeks later...