Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 UB won't work on OSX86 ?

MacSimizeDenver

3 posts in this topic

I've recently finished a RCT3 UB torrent.

Unzipping the file and starting the game results in graphic failures and finally it's necessary to re-boot the hackintosh.

What the screen shows? Well, right into the 'Frontier' logo the mouse pointer will change into 5 or 6 green horizontal lines, still moveable but the game hangs on. Sometimes it works rigt after the 'Atari' logo. But here again same failures.

What does this s#*t mean? I've tried that torrent on my iBook and it works like a charme, but quite slow.

I think this means the torrent isn't UB - but here Rosetta should do the rest on the hackintosh, right?

Oh, see my hardware specs in the signature. I've updated my graphics with neopheus natit universal 1.0 from ATI x1xxx 3.5, but still same issue.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
I've recently finished a RCT3 UB torrent.

Unzipping the file and starting the game results in graphic failures and finally it's necessary to re-boot the hackintosh.

What the screen shows? Well, right into the 'Frontier' logo the mouse pointer will change into 5 or 6 green horizontal lines, still moveable but the game hangs on. Sometimes it works rigt after the 'Atari' logo. But here again same failures.

What does this s#*t mean? I've tried that torrent on my iBook and it works like a charme, but quite slow.

I think this means the torrent isn't UB - but here Rosetta should do the rest on the hackintosh, right?

Oh, see my hardware specs in the signature. I've updated my graphics with neopheus natit universal 1.0 from ATI x1xxx 3.5, but still same issue.

Any ideas?

I bought the official Mac version and it works flawlessly on my hackintosh.

I did try out a no-CD crack and although it worked, it absolutely killed the framerate. So, it could be the "version" you have has issues, not necessarily related to being on a hackintosh.

Buying a copy is a pretty reliable solution. :)

• 3 weeks later...