GeForce Go 7600 - Sooo Close

buhgock

5 posts in this topic

Both Natit and Titan load using -v and gets to a black screen.

I used Apple Remote Desktop to see whats going on in the background, and the card is detected and working, but there is no display.

Ive tired modifying geforce.kext, nvdaresman.kext, and nvdanv40hal.kext with my device id, but that makes no difference.

Is there a way can I make it load the lcd monitor on my laptop?

EDIT:

I connected an external monitor and everything works perfectly, I can change the resolution and have full IC/QE Support!!!!!

Only Issue, how can I make it come out of my laptop monitor, because it wont load on there.

Please help, I'm near finishing.

using titan btw

post-70815-1167692222_thumb.png

post-70815-1167692245_thumb.png

Edited by buhgock

• 3 weeks later...

I own a 7600 Go too, any further developments?

I'd like to help testing things out, but you'll have to tell me what to do cuz I'm not very experienced.. (allso my external monitor just stopped working lately so thats not the bes possible condition..)

Edited by sootboot

still not working here, this is what I tried..

-Natit: seems to boot ok, but the screen looks really weird (it's lik 6 times the same, and if i move my mouse I see 6 pointers moving.. like a 2x3 matrix of screens)

-Titan: works except for no QE/CI/GL and it gives kerlnelpanics when I don't boot with -v and sometimes -f too (added them to the boot.plist)

-Macvida: gives kernel panic (it did work under 10.4.7)

-Laptopdisplay.kext + nvidiaefi.kext + EDID thing with displayutility: Boots fine, seems to find my display, resolution and everything, but when booted screen is all white (but os x running normaly underneath since I can reboot using key combination..

Any of you guys know how to get this geforce go 7600 working on a laptop display with 8.8.1 kernel?? (mine is 256 mb, but I don't think that matters (does it?))

Any help appreciated!

Edited by sootboot