10.4.8 video playback

cdummy

4 posts in this topic

Hello. I have ASRock 775 dual-915gl. Never had any problem with install. Network sound and resolutions always working out of the box. 10.4.8 network had to be fixed with 10.4.7 ionetworking kext. I came back to 10.4.7 install because of video playback. I use mplayer, vlan and of course quick time. Playback is choppy as for video and sound vlan crashes after few seconds. I have Celeron 2.66 1 Gb of memory and I did trick with one cpu settings - no change. I came back to 10.4.7 and playback is flawles. I'm talking about: *.mov, *.avi(windows and xvid), *.wmv. I read all about fixing alc* chipsets. My sound always worked no problem in all previous releases only in 10.4.8 in video playback. Will there be new 10.4.8 with fixes for networking, video playback? Does anybody with my setup(alc850 ac97 and gma900) has the same problems with video playback in 10.4.8? Thanks for help.

same here- using a laptop - 1.7 pentium M sse2, gma 900, and dvd/ quicktime playback is indeed slow although using vlc- dvds run fast and great- however im still loving the apple dvdplayer which works flawlessly in 10.4.7- maybe we need new drivers for the intel gma...

I want to ask a question, can your GMA900 work with QE and CI in 10.4.8, if it dosn't work with qe and ci, then video playback must be very bad.

by the way, my motherboard is p4dual-915gl, except GMA, my computer is very faster, because i want to play warcraft III, but no qe, ci, and opengl, i am very unhappy. If you have idea of gma900 for 10.4.8, send driver to my email: admin@xululu.com. Thank a lot.

ha`, i think you are chinese.