x86 version of 10.2

Dragon

166 posts in this topic

embio, have you managed to get it loaded yet? i am having some problems with video display for qemu. can you test it just to make sure that it works so i know that it's a problem with my pc and not OS X. :(

i'm trying to fix this problem...

i'll post the video

literally just trying this right now mate. I'm having display problems booting from the 10.4.7 DVD. It took me a while to figure Qemu and its settings out.

booting from the DVD crashes at the apple screen, so I tried Verbose mode and got a white screen. Then FeatherLinux crashed... we're both doing this with 256MB of RAM right? I think its a RAM issue because I tried using less and Darwin refused to boot, I'm trying to find out what FeatherLinux is taking up, is there anyway we can strip it down more?

I figured OS X can't use the video drivers vmware provides when running under qemu. so we can't use vmware for testing.

i'm still getting that kdp_poll error on my p3 when i boot os x in qemu after taking out all usb devices and my wireless card, so can you give it a try embio and post your results? :(

the attached files are from vmware, and a similar thing happens on my p3 except the text still appears amongst the coloured mess. I'm almost certain it's a problem with the video because osx detects the same graphics device in vmware as it does in my p3.

I'm going to try plug in the radeon 9250 from this pc.

Edit: didn't mean to attach the smaller file, the bigger one has both videos in them.

knoppixqemu.rar

knoppixqemu.rar

its the same ATI 7000 in my sig. I only have the DVD to hand, and torrents are blocked at my uni.

I'm going to try running FeatherLinux from the CD, to give as much of the RAM to OS X as possible.

Edited by Embio

ok im grabbing stuffit expander for those RAR files you sent.

getting interesting here, booted Feather Linux from the CD and ran the DVD in Qemu, verbose mode crashes at 'Starting Darwi_' as opposed to 'Starting Darwin x86' so thats progress lol

ok let us know how it goes. What time is it there?

I've tried MP7.1 and 9 on my windows box but I cant get anything to play it, with any number of codecs.

its a normal AVI right?

Edited by Embio