InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cuastermos

Please help with GeForce4 ti 4200

Hello, and thanks for to read this post, I'm tired of try a lot of methods that I've been reading and methods of my hand, but no success...

I've a working installation of 10.4.8 with semthex kernel for SSE2 experimental 9, and always that boot my computer I get a black screen before to enter GUI. If I enter in verbose mode, the last lines are of the login window. I've try with NVDANV20Hal.kext (i think that it's the mine for GeForce4 ti 4200) modifing the DEV ID in this file, in Geforce.kext and in NVDAResman.kext. I've tried my old login windows (that worked for me), and the original login windows of 10.4.8 combo update.

Any help? Thanks a lot.

Advertisement

I've seen one person reporting that he had a 4xxx series card working fully.

However, member "np_", who is an expert in these matters - he created Macvidia - says that the NVDANV10Hal.kext and NVDANV20Hal.kext only support video cards on a PPC (PowerPC) system, not an Intel system. Since NVDANV20Hal.kext is used for 4xxx series cards, I'm not sure that the 4xxx series can ever work fully using the installed drivers being initialized by Natit or Titan.

Whatever you achieve with Titan or Natit might be the best you can achieve without a new driver being written for your card. Macvidia, in its current version, will not give you QE/CI.

A lot of thanks for you help. It's possible that NVDANV10 and 20 work's only in ppc, because don't have much sense that apple recompile this kexts in order to use in intel macs that don't have this old nvidia cards. But I think that could be possible... I don't know like...

I've too a ATI Radeon 9550, any knows if it's possible get work, with Titan/Natit..?

Hello,

I have also an Geforce4 ti 4200.I have try with NVDANV20Hal.kext,Geforce.kext and NVDAResman.kext with the DEV ID 0x025310de and it is not working.If I desactivate NVDAResman.kext I have the GUI but no CI & QE

So np_ & Co if you have some idee dont hesitate.

Thanks in advance

Debian

Then isn't problem of NVDANV20Hal.kext, is of NVDAResman.kext. If it loads is because isn't PowerPC (I think). Now we must searching...

Please If somebody haves any idea, welcome is.

Thanks.

I was read this post, but we need know how to. I'm searching for a solution. If I find anything I'll post here, please if you find anything post here too.

Have you tried at the same time AGPGart?

What are your graphics scores in xbench?

Edited by cuastermos

I have a simular Geforce 3 Ti 200 (NV20-based, 0x020110de). I haven't got my card working yet. B)

Natit.kext, NVDANV20Hal.kext, GeForce.kext, NVDAResman.kext all load at boot-up, but the display doesn't start.

Also have a gf4 ti4200. Natit seems to recognize my card and loads up fine, but then i get this:

NVDA: start display

NVDA: start display failed

Have no idea how to fix this.