any problem using my whole 10.4.2 PPC ~Library folder?

5 posts in this topic

hi,

anyone know if there would be any major glitches if i copied over my entire old 10.4.2 home/library folder to x86 10.4.1 library en masse?

i'd like to keep most of my old prefs, including keychains, bookmarks, calendars, mail, and installed app serials.

did anything change so drastically from 10.4.1-->10.4.2 that this is an especially bad idea?

or is there any reason why x86 would specifically complain?

i can't imagine why it wouldn't work..... i would think the /Library/Preferences would be worse than just a Users Library. Your thoughts? thanks...

hi,

anyone know if there would be any major glitches if i copied over my entire old 10.4.2 home/library folder to x86 10.4.1 library en masse?

i'd like to keep most of my old prefs, including keychains, bookmarks, calendars, mail, and installed app serials.

did anything change so drastically from 10.4.1-->10.4.2 that this is an especially bad idea?

or is there any reason why x86 would specifically complain?

i can't imagine why it wouldn't work..... i would think the /Library/Preferences would be worse than just a Users Library. Your thoughts? thanks...

I'd make a full and complete copy of the x86 /Library first - maybe to another disk. Then if you're hosed, you can always boot into single user and get your box well again...

• 3 weeks later...