10.4.2 Patch installs but doesn't work

pet1

8 posts in this topic

After following the directions carefully and compleed the patching process, it still doesn't seem to be working. I viewd the log and it's saying that it installed properly. When I try to run 10.4.2 apps, I get an error message. I've tried colloguy and admitmac and they both give me the same mesages. I have sse3 with gma 900. When I installed the os, I just checked off sse3 under patches so I know I have the right one's. I did notice the mach_kernel file in my root dirctory. I even tried using the mach_kernel command at the boot up screen. I've also tried both methods for patching. They both give me the same result. Any help would be appreciated.

The application quit unexpactily while it was open. Try again? Close? etc..... For both

I have the same, colloguy crahs.

I just tested one prg so possible that just colloguy not works for me.

Does anybody know a software witch is 100% compiled in 10.4.2? (no matter what kind of soft, it's for testing)

Any possible solutions? Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm able to run colloguy universal binary only. The ppc version gives me the above message. I even tried copying an actual already patched mach_kernel.

what's the disadvantage to not having it? you have to run an older version of colloquy & admitmac? I'm sure there are other apps out there which depend on 10.4.2, but do you use them?...

Maybe you should consider running without that particular patch, if it causes you so much trouble.