OCLP and sip disabled

15 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a strange problem (first time actually) with OCLP on my Monterey/Ivy  Bridge ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 3570k  system. I have done the usual steps to run OCLP for my Inno3D nvidia 770 but even if the SIP is disabled, as you can see from the pic, there's no way to have it recognized by OCLP. Any advices for it? Thanks a lot

image.thumb.jpeg.36acdfdc909c466dc0930779b927b9bd.jpeg

2 hours ago, ichelash said:

Hello you need to change to this in your NVRAM

• csr-active-config | data | 03080000

Screenshot2024-05-03at10_59_51.thumb.png.719a865e7da09ecac614decfda382381.png

thanks I'll try and let you know 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 12:33 PM, bluenote56 said:

thanks I'll try and let you know 

Hi I tried changing csr value but there must be something wrong in what I do.. maybe my OC EFI, it's impossible that csrutil status shows disabled and OCLP always gives the same result.. 

pic.jpg

5 minutes ago, bluenote56 said:

Hi I tried changing csr value but there must be something wrong in what I do.. maybe my OC EFI, it's impossible that csrutil status shows disabled and OCLP always gives the same result.. 

pic.jpg

See, required 0x802 while you set 0x26f. There are different digits.

Look carefully your opencore config.plist

• Like 1

@bluenote56

Set this 2 keys as in the pic, csr-active-config is 03080000 as @ichelash says. But, if it doesn't exist, add csr-active-config in NVRAM -> Delete ->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82.

ResetNVRAM at first boot after the change.

oclp.thumb.png.99bbd93382a829b040591b91c4d85fe1.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2024 at 10:45 PM, miliuco said:

@bluenote56

Set this 2 keys as in the pic, csr-active-config is 03080000 as @ichelash says. But, if it doesn't exist, add csr-active-config in NVRAM -> Delete ->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82.

ResetNVRAM at first boot after the change.

oclp.thumb.png.99bbd93382a829b040591b91c4d85fe1.png

Thanks a lot. I had already put the right numbers in config but till I didn't delete  7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 and added a new csr-active-config with 0308000 it did't work. Now I could successfully use OCLP. The funny thing is that (I have 2 disks, 1 ssd and 1 HHD for testing) the hhd works perfectly with its limits, the ssd goes black after booting. But this is another story. Thanks again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluenote56 said:

Thanks a lot. I had already put the right numbers in config but till I didn't delete  7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 and added a new csr-active-config with 0308000 it did't work. Now I could successfully use OCLP. The funny thing is that (I have 2 disks, 1 ssd and 1 HHD for testing) the hhd works perfectly with its limits, the ssd goes black after booting. But this is another story. Thanks again

can you upload...you config plist

2 hours ago, ichelash said:

can you upload...you config plist

Here it is. I'm not used to OC so much so there can be errors in it. BTW I fixed the ssd erasing and cloning again from big sur and updating to Monterey.

config.plist

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bluenote56 said:

Here it is. I'm not used to OC so much so there can be errors in it. BTW I fixed the ssd erasing and cloning again from big sur and updating to Monterey.

I don't know Man, do you really need all those kext files for your Network?

You need to pick the one for your machine and delete the rest (see the attached).

I dare say there are a few more misconfigurations in your config.plist as wells the EFI Folder on the whole.

I found one glaringly wrong Data entry in NVRAM/Add/csr-active-config, which I have corrected for you.

That is the only error I have corrected in your uploaded config.plist as I wouldn't know where to start with the amount of 

what I think is a lot of unnecessary entries i.e B/Tooth and Network entries. You really need to stop winging it and take a look at the 'Dortania OC Guide' and grasp what to do.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 21.08.06.png

config.plist

Edited by eSaF
Add config.plist
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, eSaF said:

I don't know Man, do you really need all those kext files for your Network?

You need to pick the one for your machine and delete the rest (see the attached).

I dare say there are a few more misconfigurations in your config.plist as wells the EFI Folder on the whole.

I found one glaringly wrong Data entry in NVRAM/Add/csr-active-config, which I have corrected for you.

That is the only error I have corrected in your uploaded config.plist as I wouldn't know where to start with the amount of 

what I think is a lot of unnecessary entries i.e B/Tooth and Network entries. You really need to stop winging it and take a look at the 'Dortania OC Guide' and grasp what to do.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 21.08.06.png

config.plist 31.97 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you for your suggests and help. I'll work on it cleaning the useless stuff. Since I always used Clover, I took some EFI folders from others and worked on it. Now it's time to read carefully the Dortania guide. 

• Like 1

@bluenote56 - There is quite a difference between OC and Clover by way of the EFI structure.

Like you and many others, I too came from Clover which can cause some confusion preparing the OC EFI construction.

You need to stop thinking Clover in the process.

The 'OpenCore Install Guide' - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ - has great walk through instructions from start to finish.

You just need to click on the specs of your CPU i.e Coffee Lake, Comet Lake, Kaby Lake etc and read from the beginning how to structure the EFI Folder.

The Guide even offers where to get all the Files and Kexts.

Once you grasp the fundamentals, you'll be surprise how much easier it is than Clover (IMHO).

If you're not sure about something read again or ask here at IM, members here are very willing to help and offer aid to your queries.

Cheers and Good luck.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2024 at 8:06 AM, eSaF said:

@bluenote56 - There is quite a difference between OC and Clover by way of the EFI structure.

Like you and many others, I too came from Clover which can cause some confusion preparing the OC EFI construction.

You need to stop thinking Clover in the process.

The 'OpenCore Install Guide' - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ - has great walk through instructions from start to finish.

You just need to click on the specs of your CPU i.e Coffee Lake, Comet Lake, Kaby Lake etc and read from the beginning how to structure the EFI Folder.

The Guide even offers where to get all the Files and Kexts.

Once you grasp the fundamentals, you'll be surprise how much easier it is than Clover (IMHO).

If you're not sure about something read again or ask here at IM, members here are very willing to help and offer aid to your queries.

Cheers and Good luck.

Well, maybe it's off topic, but I must say that I really like the way all the masters (forgive this definition :) ) and the members here support everyone in this passion. 

I don' t refer only to  the technical knowledge, but also to the kindness and willingness. So without sappy words thanks you.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bluenote56 said:

Well, maybe it's off topic, but I must say that I really like the way all the masters (forgive this definition :) ) and the members here support everyone in this passion. 

My friend here at IM we are Family and families look out for each other even in contemptuous times. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/10/2024 at 1:32 PM, eSaF said:

My friend here at IM we are Family and families look out for each other even in contemptuous times. :)

Hi, I'm following your suggest, studying (when I can) OC and trying with ext usb pen. Till now it's not bad (talking about Montery 1155 builds) I'm going OC. There are still many mistakes that I wish to fix with the guide. On main build with 9600k and Sonoma it works well. I just report Prime Video, Speed Test, Skype not working. I fixed whatsapp with the beta version. 

• Like 1