Request for help: HP OEM R7 430 with D-Sub VGA on Big Sur+

nphuracm

4 posts in this topic

Hello. Some time ago I procured some (abandoned) R7 430s that are initially included with some HP ProDesk units, and am using one of these in my main PC (also one that I intend to run Hackintosh on), with it connected to my monitor over VGA (D-Sub).

I followed Dortania's guide. Due to its incompatible PCI ID, according to the guide I need to spoof said ID in order to load the drivers with it. Unfortunately, as of now, every single PCI ID that I have attempted leads to one of the following results on Big Sur and Monterey:

• still no hardware acceleration
  • video output gone
  • stuck on boot logs

Since it has been a while from the last time I have attempted, I require further testing for details with specific PCI IDs. I would also kindly request for advice.

I am rather sure that I have followed the instructions thoroughly.

I have also found this thread:

But unfortunately the discussion was rather vague and I am unable to acquire helpful information from it.

I run an ASUS A68HM-E motherboard and an AMD A10-7860K CPU (with the AMD kernel patch).

My use case requires Big Sur or above, so I would love to receive assistance with running this GPU on these macOS versions.

2 hours ago, Slice said:

I think you will have more success in Sierra.

Unfortunately, it's not really feasible in my case as I require more than just have macOS booting on this setup.

I need to run a certain application which requires Big Sur at minimum.