HP EliteDesk 800G4 - Hackmini 8.1 - Help

logyon

21 posts in this topic

Currently have HP Mini Elite Desk 800 g4

Running Open Core 9.8

Running 1tb m2 with windows 11

Running 1tb HD with Ventura on partition 1 and then second apfs partition with Sonoma.

Was working fine until Sonoma crashed and can no longer get in to Sonoma with usb or selecting it on the bootloader

Ventura works but after i get a error that i run in to a problem and then have to restart it and it loads with the following error 

Using intel AX200 with apple kexts 

Current Config / EFIYour computer was restarted problem.rtf

https://easyupload.io/56tpw8

Future upgrades - modding the hard drive caddy, adding another m2 stick, changing the hard drive from mechanical to ssd

Edited by logyon

19 hours ago, logyon said:

Currently have HP Mini Elite Desk 800 g4

Running Open Core 9.8

Running 1tb m2 with windows 11

Running 1tb HD with Ventura on partition 1 and then second apfs partition with Sonoma.

Was working fine until Sonoma crashed and can no longer get in to Sonoma with usb or selecting it on the bootloader

Ventura works but after i get a error that i run in to a problem and then have to restart it and it loads with the following error 

Using intel AX200 with apple kexts 

Current Config / EFIYour computer was restarted problem.rtf

https://easyupload.io/56tpw8

Future upgrades - modding the hard drive caddy, adding another m2 stick, changing the hard drive from mechanical to ssd

your efI can works the back line out of sound ?

@logyon You've been participating in one of the Intel Wireless threads, so you should be able to answer this: Your OCAT config shows that two versions of Airportitlwm.kext are enabled without any MinKernel/MaxKernel properties.  What do you think is wrong with your config.plist?

EDIT: Also, Airportitlwm.kext 2.3.0 is currently Alpha.  Read the warnings here for risks that you take and responsibilities that you assume by testing with 2.3.0-Alpha.  You need to decide for yourself whether you are qualified to experiment with Alpha kexts in your hackintosh.

Edited by deeveedee

Dropping the kext back down to 1  airport allows me to run Ventrua and Sonoma. Both load in to the os.

Will have to find out how to get the Sonoma wifi working under the one efi file or would i just be better to do seperate drives for each os

15 minutes ago, logyon said:

Will have to find out how to get the Sonoma wifi working under the one efi file or would i just be better to do seperate drives for each os

Great. By 'find out' do you mean that you will figure it out from all the hints provided, or would you rather that someone did it for you?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I was able to solve my problem with the help of tips provided by everyone here and some research.

Now, I have Sonoma running on partition 2 and Ventura on partition 1.

I followed the suggestion of using different kernels for Open Core and different kext versions. 

Both are now working without any issues.

Thank you all for your help its been greatly appreciated 

I will eventually move them to separate drives and efi folders with your hard drive mod.

Edited by logyon
  • Like 1

@logyon Congratulations!  By doing the mods yourself, you have learned far more than you would have if someone had done it for you.  You now have a little more knowledge necessary to maintain your hack and you may be able to help others.

@logyon If you would like help with "quirkiness in Sonoma with display going on and off randomly" please post your latest EFI in this thread, specify your display configuration (e.g., DP ports on your EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini to HDMI ports on your displays with a DP->HDMI adapter).  It is important to exactly specify your display configuration and what converters (e.g. DP->HDMI) that you are using, if any.

Edited by deeveedee

@logyon I would like to debug and diagnose your hack in this thread, not in my main EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Thread.  Please post your questions and EFI in this thread for help with your hack.  If you can't post your EFI, then post your config.plist.

Please post questions about your hack in this thread and not in the main EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini thread.  Thank you.

EDIT: @logyon If you are using the EFI that I posted here (which is specifically for use with DP->DVI graphics adapters as I have indicated in the instructions), then use of my EFI with DP->DP (no graphics adapters) is wrong.  Please read the instructions that I have posted and see this post.  Please read the instructions and thoroughly read my thread to learn more about properly patching graphics.

Edited by deeveedee

@logyon This is going to be another good learning opportunity for you.  Your DeviceProperties are wrong for DP->DP (with no graphics adapters).  You have copied my EFI without following my instructions, so your config.plist has DeviceProperties for DP->DVI graphics adapter.  Read the instructions here.  Read the posts in this thread to see what others have done.  Read this post.

When you are finished, you will have new DeviceProperties in your config.plist that are correct for your graphics.

Also, when you post your EFI in this forum, you should only be posting the EFI/OC folder.  The other folders in EFI are not necessary.  If your EFI/OC folder is still too big to post here, post only the following folders (with their file contents):

• EFI/OC
  • EFI/OC/Kexts
  • EFI/OC/ACPI

EDIT: Whenever you post your config.plist, it's best to remove the following items from PlatformInfo > Generic in your config.plist before posting to a public forum:

• MLB
  • ROM
  • SystemSerialNumber
  • SystemUUID

EDIT2: @logyon I noticed that you posted the EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini graphics DeviceProperties here.  You might want to review your thread, too.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

config.plist this what you mean for gpu now?

I think i have amended it i have 2 dp and 1 thunderbolt in but i do have the hdmi in a drawer should i need to swap to it

@logyon Review your own thread (copied from me) in TonyMacx86.  You have posted graphics DeviceProperties that I collected from myself and others, but now you need to review these DeviceProperites to understand them.  Review the notes that I provided and the links to other notes that I provided.  In order to determine your graphics DeviceProperties, you need to examine the graphics output ports on your own PC and how those graphics ports are connected to displays.  Then choose DeviceProperties that match your graphics configuration.

You're starting to realize that there is more to a Hackintosh than you originally understood.  This is all good learning for you.

Edited by deeveedee

I understand that but not all of sometimes makes sense to me to fully understand some of it

I may have miss understood the last bit then i had a look at the config and the display properties and then added the correct ones for my config list.

and was looking for clarification is that was the correct thing i had done or if i had made a mess of it all

@logyon Be patient with yourself and don't give up too easily.  Look at the example DeviceProperties that you posted here.  Which one is the best match for your system?  While you test, keep the EFI on your SSD unchanged (so that you can reliably boot your hack).  Test each EFI change that you make with a USB thumbdrive and NOT by making changes to your SSD EFI.  Always make sure you have a reliable way to boot macOS if your EFI change fails.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1