Problem with RX6600XT MSI Gaming X

ctamy

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my graphics card, I have configured it on my macOS Monterry system via SSDT, but I cannot use more than two monitors at the same time.

- If I turn on the computer with two monitors connected, one to the HDMI port and the other to the DP port, in Open Core only the monitor connected to the DP port gives me an image, but once the system loads it gives me video through the monitor that is connected via HDMI and the other monitor remains a black screen.

- If I start the system using the DP port, I have no image on the monitor.

- If I start the system using the HDMI port, I have an image, but when I connect the second monitor to the DP port, the monitor connected to the HDMI port starts flashing intermittently, that is, a black screen and a slight flash where it shows the desktop of the system.

I don't know if anyone can help me with this problem, since it doesn't make sense that I can only use one port on the graphics card.

PS: If I use an Rx580 Shappire pulse graphics card, I can use two monitors at the same time without any problem.

I attach my SSDT and the list of PCI devices

SSDT-RX6600XT.aml pcidevices.txt config.plist

6 hours ago, iCanaro said:

boot-args --> agdpmod=pikera

If you realize with the SMBIOS that I use and the SSDT that I implement, I do not need to use that boot flag, the problem lies in the use of two monitors at the same time.

can you attach the log file after boot (type in terminal):

log show --style syslog --predicate 'processID == 0' --last 1h --info --debug > gpu.log

gpu.log will be in your home folder

to use nootrx you must disable whatevergreen

the SSDT-RX6600XT injection is a bad idea. try modify nootrx to auto detect connectors (kinda in nootred.kext)

as for kexts i would use only this

image.png.100362438427bf8c664c4b102e4c769a.png

Edited by jalavoui
  • Like 1

if someone with the card wanna give it a try, i changed the code to avoid using prebuild framebufers

this is a mod based on https://github.com/ChefKissInc/NootRX

goal is get something close to this

image.png.08eb0881fe0f9b7489879ed65c07d01d.png

i add the display timing patch (ventura) + disable vcn

delete display prefs (windowserverxxxx.plist) before test this

NootRX-1.0.0-RELEASE.zip NootRX-master.zip

Edited by jalavoui