How on earth do I use YogaSMC on a ThinkPad??

Draykanos

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I was recommended an ACPI & Kext framework a while ago for a ThinkPad with a couple of dodgy ACPI issues that needed to be fixed. Taking a look at it, it looks promising but I've got absolutely zero idea on how to use it. 

The basics seem fine which is add the kexts, put the required aml files into the ACPI folder and yipteedo. That wasn't the case for me as after adding SSDT-Think.aml and SSDT-ECRW.aml my machine just point blank restarts after around 2 minutes of being logged in. I'm guessing it has something todo with the ACPI components being wrong for my machine as I had the same issue with my SSDT-HPET file which took me ages to figure out and patch. 

It doesn't make much sense without reading through the GitHub which explains what it does and how to use it: https://github.com/zhen-zen/YogaSMC

If anyone has any ideas how to use, how to edit the aml files correctly to suit my machine so it doesn't randomly restart and get the settings pane working correctly I'd be super grateful!

It looks promising, just doesn't work right out of the box which is sort of expected for anything hackintosh related and I'm not an ACPI expert so ugh...

Waiting for your reply!

Thanks, Draykanos!

Edited by Draykanos
Working with a little config.

Woohoo! With a little patience and configuration I figured out you basically just need to compare your MaciASL DSDT to the SSDT-Think and SSDT-ECRW files, compare them using your DSDT file as a basis and you're up and away. Great little tool and works beautifully.