Cinebench Score R23 & GeekBench 6 Score

BALDY_MAN

8 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, AslashA said:

I can't understand why with 12th gen Intel processors the Cinebench performance in Windows is always higher. Can someone explain this?

Probably due to better handling of the efficiency cores with Windows. Either that or how your system has been set up so far. With Opencore you need to make sure you are using at least v0.7.7 to get the best performance

from 12th gen and that you have RestrictEvents.kext running to enable the extra efficiency cores in your system. On top of that it depends on how you've set up your cores and hyperthreading setup, which will affect your

overall system performance (see the list below). Option 1 will offer you better multithreading work but with lesser L3 cache efficiency, while Option 2 will have less multithreading performance overall.

• Option 1: All cores, all threads

• Hyper Threading → Enabled

• All P-Cores and E-Cores → Enabled

• Option 2: Only P-cores and Hyper-Threads

• CPU Cores Enabling Mode → Selectable Mode

• CPU Cores Enabling Mode → (Enable all P-Cores and Disable all E-Cores)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Middleman said:

Probably due to better handling of the efficiency cores with Windows. Either that or how your system has been set up so far. With Opencore you need to make sure you are using at least v0.7.7 to get the best performance

from 12th gen and that you have RestrictEvents.kext running to enable the extra efficiency cores in your system. On top of that it depends on how you've set up your cores and hyperthreading setup, which will affect your

overall system performance (see the list below). Option 1 will offer you better multithreading work but with lesser L3 cache efficiency, while Option 2 will have less multithreading performance overall.

• Option 1: All cores, all threads

• All P-Cores and E-Cores → Enabled

• Option 2: Only P-cores and Hyper-Threads

• CPU Cores Enabling Mode → Selectable Mode

• CPU Cores Enabling Mode → (Enable all P-Cores and Disable all E-Cores)

I know how to set up a hackintosh! My hackintosh is set up and works great! But Windows still consistently shows 400-500 points more in the Cinebench test. This is not only for me, but in most cases with hackintosh on the 12th generation of intel.

Edited by AslashA
  • Like 1