AcpiAndSystemSettings

STLVNUB

9 posts in this topic

I'm STARTING A Collection Of Acpi And System Settings ( Soon IOReg Info )

For :-

MacBook, MackBook Air, And  MacBook Pro

iMac All Models

Mac Pro

Main Reason For This Info Is You May Have Received

A e.g 2013 MacBook Pro With A Busted Screen

No Way In Hell Knowing What Model 

How Much Ram

SSD Size etc

Of Course It Will Come In Handy For Hackintoshers

It Uses MyGetSysInfo app ( I'm Working On Getting It To Do IORe)

To Use It Takes A Bit Of Preparation

Namely:-

Install e.g Ventura To A USB 

Boot USB

Enable Auto Login

Set GetSysInfo A Login Item

Boot USB On e.g Screen Busted MacBook Pro

GetSysInfo Will Dump All Acpi Tables And System Setting

Please Feel Free To Add To The Collection

GetSysInfo.app.zip

I Start The Ball Off With These Two

MBA_MBP.zip

Edited by STLVNUB

@STLVNUB

Having a collection of useful things is always good but having other resources at your disposal is even better. Every Mac device has a Serial Number and a Model Number underneath, under or at the side which can help you determine the specs of that machine. You can use that and identify the exact spec on everymac.com I use it all the time to see what are the hardware specs. Thought you might like to check it out in case you didn't collect all the ACPI and System settings in the world.

Not to discourage you but I personally never share my System Information on web sites because it includes the Serial Number for my devices and many other people might share the same view as I do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@STLVNUB

Having a collection of useful things is always good but having other resources at your disposal is even better. Every Mac device has a Serial Number and a Model Number underneath, under or at the side which can help you determine the specs of that machine. You can use that and identify the exact spec on everymac.com I use it all the time to see what are the hardware specs. Thought you might like to check it out in case you didn't collect all the ACPI and System settings in the world.

Not to discourage you but I personally never share my System Information on web sites because it includes the Serial Number for my devices and many other people might share the same view as I do.

My Main Reason For The App Was I Got a MBP With Dead Screen

I Installed it Flying Blind

App Runs At Login

Its Easy To Generate A New Serial Number

We Hackintoshers Are PROBABLY Already Sharing Serial Numbers With Apple Products

That must have been so hard! 

I usually use an external display when I deal with a MacBook with a busted display, actually I do have a 2013 MacBook Pro with a dead display so I opened it up disconnected the display connector from the logic board and taped the display connector to avoid short circuiting the logic board and used my 24" LED as the main display. The reason for disconnecting the display on the logic board was to make the MacBook detect the external display way faster.

If you leave the display connected it will only detect the external display when macOS is booted to desktop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

That must have been so hard! 

I usually use an external display when I deal with a MacBook with a busted display, actually I do have a 2013 MacBook Pro with a dead display so I opened it up disconnected the display connector from the logic board 

Can You Point Me In The Right Direction PLEASE

Is It The Cable On The Right

6 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Can You Point Me In The Right Direction PLEASE

Is It The Cable On The Right

Yeah it's on the right side and has a tiny lock under the black cover you need to lift it up to release the connector and gently pull it to the right corner of the edge of the MacBook, it will come out easily if not it's not completely released.

look here:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Retina+Display+Late+2013+Display+Assembly+Replacement/27666

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yeah it's on the right side and has a tiny lock under the black cover you need to lift it up to release the connector and gently pull it to the right corner of the edge of the MacBook, it will come out easily if not it's not completely released.

look here:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Retina+Display+Late+2013+Display+Assembly+Replacement/27666

Thanks For The Info BUT I Won't Worry About It I Can Wait A Few More Seconds, It's NOT Life Threatening 

7 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Thanks For The Info BUT I Won't Worry About It I Can Wait A Few More Seconds, It's NOT Life Threatening 

You're welcome. You don't need to take the whole display off, just disconnect the connector from the logic board and put some tape around it and make sure it's not making any contact to the other components so all you need to do is just disconnect the connector from the logic board as shown in step 11 in the guide I posted. That's what I did because I still needed the WiFi antennas to be attached and since they are installed around the display taking the whole thing off will affect the WiFi signal immensely.

• Like 1