Favourite macOS

9 posts in this topic

I went back to Mojave yesterday to do some USB port mapping (don't ask me why). It wasn't without issues but luckily I have a stash of all my old EFIs and partitions on various disks with all the old installs.

It was lovely! Like an old friend come back.

I've got Ventura but it's not perfect. The middle wheel button doesn't work with my CAD software, my eqMac doesn't boot on start and other tiny things that leave me with using Big Sur as a daily OS but I am tempted to go all the way back to Mojave lol. It just feels right.

What's your happy place with OS versions.

+1 for Mojave :) I have Monterey and Ventura on my hacks but still love Mojave. Monterey is a candidate to be the next favourite OS. Ventura...👎 It's funny sometimes when the official update highlights for the new versions contains "new emojis", "new wallpapers and screensaver with clock and weather" and so on... never understood how is this some kind of improvement 🤦‍♂️

• Like 5

On 3/13/2023 at 10:41 PM, CloverLeaf said:

"new emojis", "new wallpapers and screensaver with clock and weather" and so on... never understood how is this some kind of improvement 🤦‍♂️

It's marketing speak for, "here are your new bug fixes and security patches"

I was considering foregoing some of Logic's new features so I could go back to Mojave and run some older software. Instead I opted for using Parallels and running the older software on Win 7. How ironic, running Parallels on a Hackintosh.

+1 for Mojave as well 👍

• Like 3

The best OS to run Avid ProTools = OSX Mojave

I also have Monterey and Ventura Installed.

No crashes / no audio freezes.

Higher cpu resources available. 

Solid as a rock. 

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for Mojave. It is the last system running 32 bit applications.

Anyway last two months I live in Ventura. All is fine here. I can run 32bit application for Windows using recent Wine. Namely Heroes III Of Might & Magic. Yes, in Ventura. 

Other old applications have adequate analogues.  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2023 at 2:41 AM, STLVNUB said:

Snow Leopard For Me Guys

Just Bought A Mid 2010 Mac Mini  For $80 Au

Going To Put On It:-

My Goal Is To Install ALL OS X Versions & macOS Versions

On My 500GB  USB Drive

Will Be Great Nostalgia Trip :)😀

Not To Mention The Programming Side Of It

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 2