Ventura Issues

SavageAUS

5 posts in this topic

To start with I had a fully working hackbook for ages with Ventura but the update to 13.3 beta? I think….broke booting. Well kinda, the laptop still boots if I boot verbose mode and it manages to get past the second stage in boot but I either get nothing on my screen or no graphics acceleration. When I get a black screen and stuck with loading bar I can still VNC into the laptop and see the desktop with no acceleration. No config has changed, OC and Kexts were upgraded, no errors.

I’m just wondering if anyone else had experienced this? Laptop has an i7-9750H and UHD630 graphics. Only boot arg being used was -igfxblr to fix backlight issues in previous macOS.

Perhaps this boot arg is not required anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, miliuco said:

13.3 beta has broken things. Do you have final OpenCore 0.9.0 version, with "OcAppleKernelLib: Fix ProvideCpuInfo on 13.3" fix?

I believe so.

I will update and test at home after work.

After much testing and pulling my hair out my laptop is back booting Ventura latest beta, latest OC and latest Kexts.
The only issue that remains is a black screen for a few minutes. If I connect a hdmi monitor that has picture long before my internal lcd screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk