[Solved] Wrong disk icon at OC GUI

eSaF

19 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is the correct place to query this problem but it's driving me nuts. I've tried all kinds of permutations to change the outcome and nothing works. I am running 3 different OS X versions, Big Sis, Monterey and Ventura all on their own respective drives but booting off the same EFI Folder which resides on the Ventura drive. As you can see from the pics attached, At the Boot Menu Big Sur and Ventura has the correct Disks Icons but the Monterey Disk wrongfully shows the Ventura Icon, the strange thing is the Monterey Rev Disk shows up correctly as seen in the 2nd pic.

I've tried relabelling, swopping Icons around, nothing works to the desired effect, hopefully someone with a bit more brain cells than what I have left can point me in the right direction

Spoiler

06215313.thumb.png.d6149ae6da90c52476d506aab8920ae1.png06215235.thumb.png.f3e9383d5c6b9afce6cf1a5cadefabf1.png

• Like 3

Weird, I assume Apple12.icns is present in the theme so this is ruled out
What value are you using in PickerAttributes ?
With 144 in my case it shows everything correctly... Same scenario Ventura - Mrey - BS... Unique EFI 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Weird, I assume Apple12.icns is present in the theme so this is ruled out
What value are you using in PickerAttributes ?
With 144 in my case it shows everything correctly... Same scenario Ventura - Mrey - BS... Unique EFI 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the feedback, I will change to 144 and see if there is a difference.

Edit: No difference, every aspect on the machine works great, just this annoying problem, even if I change to another Theme the problem remains. :fiery:

Spoiler

553133031_Screenshot2023-01-07at11_13_25.png.1ebc21bd9cb67f48b0c6cb68d1847a8c.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Sad 3

57 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Thanks for the feedback, I will change to 144 and see if there is a difference.

Edit: No difference, every aspect on the machine works great, just this annoying problem, even if I change to another Theme the problem remains. :fiery:

Reveal hidden contents

553133031_Screenshot2023-01-07at11_13_25.png.1ebc21bd9cb67f48b0c6cb68d1847a8c.png

Hi @eSaF Happy new year 😊

On my system, I also use Picker Attributes  144. But for PickerVariant, I use the path not only the name of the theme. if I am not mistaken

<key>PickerVariant</key>
<string>Blackosx\BsxImacBlue_</string>

Have a nice day.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Show everything correctly

Quite true, as long as the name corresponds with the config.plist entry there is no need for the theme's creator name as well.

Edit: I am working on a few theories on the cause at the moment, seeing that BS icon and Ventura Icon shows correctly plus Monterey's Recovery volume shows as should but not the Monterey volume, I'm beginning to wonder if there is a glitch within that install it self that applies it self to the Ventura Icon. It's a bit of a stretch I know but hey stranger things has happened with OS X on Hacks, so I am going to do a fresh install of Monterey just to get rid of this annoying itch and to satisfy my curiosity.:angry:

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

I was convinced that it was mandatory , I think from 0.6.7 to have a Directory and the theme inside 🙃 
but then why doesn't it work for you? 😆 

Is there something wrong here maybe 🤔 ? ... mystery

98475541_Screenshot2023-01-07alle13_55_41.png.20310bcdb82ec635c9660cc435c486b1.png   1587698871_Screenshot2023-01-07alle14_13_30.png.c3a3926ad065ce2ea87c537cc155dfa1.png

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All my Themes are in respective folders - Resources/Image/ and then theme folders.

PS - I don't know as I don't check this very often, but my Disks Volumes in diskutil list looks a bit moody. What do you think?

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 13.13.22.png

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 13.10.49.png

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 13.19.48.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1

I even seem to understand that each OS has a disk of its own, unlike my partitioned in 3... I should have more mess
Question if you disable from the bios (if you can) or physically unplug the Ventura disk what icon will it show for Mrey?🤔

Sorry guys I am off to a wedding (Another one bites the dust - poor sucker) I will have to deal with my hack woes when time permits meanwhile guys make this project your homework. :hysterical:

• Haha 5

Update: Managed to sort the Boot Menu Icon glitch, I put it down to just a bad installation of Monterey. I did a clean install which solved the problem as you can see from the attached so all is well in eSaF land again (until the next time :whistle:)

On another note, in Ventura I am really impressed with the Camera Handoff to the iPhone in FaceTime, the Center Stage feature is a brilliant adage by Apple where the Camera follows your every move to keep the image centre of the screen, very impressive!!!

07215530.png

07215537.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, miliuco said:

And yes, the iPhone as camera is an amazing feature, I don't have webcam in one hack and in this way it's solved.

Bro I don't know if you know this, but that feature also works in Photo Booth as well, same as Face Time but with some hilarious Special Effects.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slice said:

Thanks for the idea! I also tested iPhone as camera in QuickTime player.

24 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Yes! It works in QT also. Didn't notice yet.

Now that is something I didn't know!!!. Thanks.

• Like 1