In need of some help getting things set up

Angeloff

25 posts in this topic

Greetings, everyone!

My name si Mario and I'm here all the way from Bulgaria in need of some help setting up my first hackintosh.

I genuinely have no idea how to save the output off opencore upon trying to start my MacOS installation, so I am attaching a picture taken with my phone, hoping it would help. Also attaching my config file as well, just in case I might of overlooked something.

My system specs are: 

MB: Asus B350 Prime Plus

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

SSD: Adata something, it's a SATA drive, not an NVMe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to everyone who replies in advance, regardless of the outcome. 

Cheers,
Mario

viber_image_2022-12-07_20-42-15-625.jpg

config.plist

Genuinely have no idea, just want to give MacOS a shot in general. I'm fine with whatever distro you guys say works best for my configuration. I went the "download MacOS during the install" way, so I'm guessing it will try downloading the newest one if I ever manage to launch the setup itself.

1 minute ago, Slice said:

Not newest. Newest is Ventura which don't support your hardware.

Search for High Sierra and read what to do to install it.

As you CPU is AMD Ryzen then you have to search for AMD Guides. https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/635-macos-1013-high-sierra/

Thank you very much for the help! I will read up on running HS on Ryzen and see how far I'll go. I really appreciate you helping me out!

Best regards and greetings from Bulgaria,

Mario 

46 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

Follow the Dortania guide, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

You'll find the Ryzen setup guide in there but here's a direct link, https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html

I did follow it, thing is, 1060 seems to only be supported up until High Sierra as Slice said.. 

High Sierra however, is not compatible with Ryzen 7 2700. I did find a pre-configured OpenCore version to spoof the CPU and whatever else magic is needed, all I had to do was change my SMBIOS stuff in the config file.

Thing is, when I try to boot into the Mac installation, all I get is a black screen for 5 sec, then all I see is "End SetConsoleMode". 

I have above 4G decoding enabled and all the security stuff on my mobo are disabled - TPM, CSM and whatever else it had, I just disabled. 

OpenCore log only says "00:000 00:000 OC: Unknown PickirMode: BuiltIn, using builtin" which I don't think is related.

How do I go on about solving "End SetConsoleMode"? 

27 minutes ago, Shaneee said:

High Sierra is indeed supported with our kernel patches. You just need to make sure you're setting the core count in the patches and enable ProvideCurrentCpuInfo in Kernel Quirks. 

I have done that, currently stuck on End RandomSeed and nothing else happens 

Attaching current config file. 

config.plist

Edited by Angeloff
Different error

You truly are a wizard, Shane! Got the installer running with your EFI folder, but I don't seem to have internet drivers to continue the setup and the installer is in russian. Can you change the drivers to Realtek LAN instead of Intel or tell me how to do it please?

EDIT: I did the clean snapshot thingy and internet is ok now. Currently installing macOS and getting really hyped!!! I will post with results

EDIT2: PC restarted after the install and now all I see in opencore is my flash drive and openshell, can't see the drive I installed MacOs on

Edited by Angeloff
Broke again
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Angeloff said:

You truly are a wizard, Shane! Got the installer running with your EFI folder, but I don't seem to have internet drivers to continue the setup and the installer is in russian. Can you change the drivers to Realtek LAN instead of Intel or tell me how to do it please? 

Hi - I don't know why you're seeing the Russian language because in @Shaneee EFI Folder the language is clearly set as en-US:0 in boot-arg also you can just swop out the Intel.kext in the kext folder and replace it with the Realtek.kext which I have done here for you. Test this EFI (attached) before discarding the original.

EFI.zip

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hi - I don't know why you're seeing the Russian language because in @Shaneee EFI Folder the language is clearly set as en-US:0 in boot-arg also you can just swop out the Intel.kext in the kext folder and replace it with the Realtek.kext which I have done here for you. Test this EFI (attached) before discarding the original.

EFI.zip 4.45 MB · 0 downloads

Hello,

I just did the '"clean snapshot" after removing the intel one from the folder and putting the realtek kext and it seemed to have worked. MacOS did its install thing, but now when I go to "Mac OS installer"in OpenCore boot menu, I get "OCB: LoadImage failed - Unsupported". Attaching my current EFI folder as-is once again, as I Might of messed something up.

I have modified UEFI - APFS to HideVerbose:NO and MinDate and MinVersion from 0 to -1 in order to get the MacOS installer to even show up in OpenCore, but am in need of help with "OCB: LOadImage failed - Unsupported"now. Did I mess something up by doing the clean snapshot thingy?

EFI.rar

10 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

@Angeloff I add  .... If you are installing a version below BS check these settings 

This could be why you don't see the drive where macos is installed

593188008_Screenshot2022-12-10alle00_08_24.png.3c33ca2c3dd04f52c3b582b5c1922c6e.png

358140615_Screenshot2022-12-10alle00_08_48.png.06b49a921457d45dbbadd53801d0c7fa.png

Setting SecureBootModel from Default to Disabled seems to have fixed things and I am happily moving on to the next step. I will post with updates.. really hoping things will go OK. Currently at the Apple screen, says it'll install within 11 minutes.

How do I get rid of the flash drive if I ever manage to run Mac tho? Can I somehow implement OpenCore within the OS itself and not have to boot from a flash drive each time? 

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

Just copy the EFI folder from the usb drive to the EFI partition of the disk after mounting it
there are many tools to do this ... like this 

1262614501_ESPMounterPro.zip 6.06 MB · 1 download

Thank you very much to you and everyone else who is with me along the journey, I really appreciate it!

Is there a driver that I need to install for my GTX 1060 that is required? I am asking, because I am in MacOS now and everything is really choppy. Screen has a huge tearing issue in browser and watching videos is a no-no, thing just lags awfully. 

EDIT: I googled around and saw I had to update my OS in order to be able to install the driver as it shows my build is 17G66 w.e that means. Hope things go okies after the update. Do I need to config anything in config.plist regarding the GPU or do I just install the driver an that's it?

ANOTHER EDIT: I installed the driver, now when MacOS boots, on the "type password to log in screen" I can't move my mouse and the screen keeps going black over and over again, as if something is crashing.

Edited by Angeloff
I suck

.40.140 /latest ones/ I did try a few times with 3 different drivers and MacOs builds - first with my freshly installed Mac os, froze at login screen. Added nv disable, uninstalled driver, updated OS, installed new driver that corresponded to my OS build, same thing happened again... Saw there was an even newer update, did it and I am currently on the last HS build with the latest driver and it still freezes on the login screen and I can't get past it, unless I set nv disable in boot args.