x99 ventura install woes

genzai

34 posts in this topic

On 12/24/2022 at 4:29 PM, pitrysha said:

For bios I used UEFIPatch , patches.txt attached . What is "KDK patch" I don't know , turbo boost unlock i don't use

patches.txt 1.57 kB · 1 download

Thank you! In which program do I need to do this patch? I see there is an MBR patch and a turbo boost unlock, for a higher core frequency.

Edited by alexlub

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, alexlub said:

Hi! I looked at your patch, but I didn't find the removal of the 06F2 microcode, which makes the turbo boost unlock. Is there only Msr register deletion?

I did not write that the patch removes the cpu microcode.

To remove cpu microcode, use this

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/tool-guide-news-uefi-bios-updater-ubu/30357

With the patch I gave you can boot without CpuTscSync.kext . Only without it, the sleep function will not work.

Edited by pitrysha
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, pitrysha said:

I did not write that the patch removes the cpu microcode.

To remove cpu microcode, use this

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/tool-guide-news-uefi-bios-updater-ubu/30357

Thanks! I think I won't delete it yet. Since I don't have Windows, and I understand there is no program for mac. Did you delete the microcode for the turbobust?

40 minutes ago, alexlub said:

Thanks! I think I won't delete it yet. Since I don't have Windows, and I understand there is no program for mac. Did you delete the microcode for the turbobust?

Tried . Decided I didn't need it

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 10:09 PM, pitrysha said:

Tried . Decided I didn't need it

Hi! Yesterday I replaced my 5820k with 2969v3 and my system(Catalina) stops at half of the lock. The Clover loader. I don't understand what's going on. But the clean Monterey system is loaded on openkore on a new processor. I decided to migrate to an empty system and after that it also stopped loading. Have you had any problems with 2696v3?

UPD: After all, I started the system on Catalina, I had to write all the modules into smbios. But the Gikbench is 8300. This is certainly not much, since the processor frequency does not rise above 2300mhz

Edited by alexlub

1 hour ago, alexlub said:

Hi! Yesterday I replaced my 5820k with 2969v3 and my system(Catalina) stops at half of the lock. The Clover loader. I don't understand what's going on. But the clean Monterey system is loaded on openkore on a new processor. I decided to migrate to an empty system and after that it also stopped loading. Have you had any problems with 2696v3?

UPD: After all, I started the system on Catalina, I had to write all the modules into smbios. But the Gikbench is 8300. This is certainly not much, since the processor frequency does not rise above 2300mhz

Clover I don't know how to set up. Bios settings in pictures.

181011145141.png

181011145207.png

55 minutes ago, pitrysha said:

Clover I don't know how to set up. Bios settings in pictures.

181011145141.png

181011145207.png

Thanks! Now performance has improved with PMDrvr. I'm also from Russia) Tomorrow I'll try to play with the Bios&

interesting why do you have a processor frequency of 2800? I have 2300.

Edited by alexlub