[GUIDE] macOS 13 Ventura with OpenCore 0.8.6 on Z390 Aorus Elite (AMD RX 6600 or Intel UHD 630)

miliuco

55 posts in this topic

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.0

There are 4 config.plist files for different SMBIOS:

• config-13-imac-amd.plist: iMac19,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU enabled in BIOS
  • config-13-imac-intel.plist: iMac19,1 + iGPU enabled in BIOS as main card
  • config-13-imacpro.plist: iMacPro1,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS
  • config-13-macpro.plist: MacPro7,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS.

Remember to fill in your serial and ROM numbers (they are empty).

Note: UTBMap.kext (next to USBToolBox.kext) is made for Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite. If you have a different motherboard, you must have your own USB ports map.

EFI-0.9.0.zip

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.1

There are 4 config.plist files for different SMBIOS:

• config-13-imac-amd.plist: iMac19,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU enabled in BIOS
  • config-13-imac-intel.plist: iMac19,1 + iGPU enabled in BIOS as main card
  • config-13-imacpro.plist: iMacPro1,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS
  • config-13-macpro.plist: MacPro7,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS.

Remember to fill in your serial and ROM numbers (they are empty).

Note: UTBMap.kext (next to USBToolBox.kext) is made for Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite. If you have a different motherboard, you must have your own USB ports map.

EFI-0.9.1.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

though my mobo ( Z390 Aorus Pro ) is not exactly the same I do hope I may find some answers in this thread.

My problem is that I cannot get my ethernet to work. 

The Aorus Pro uses the same i219V (7)  (Vendor 0x8086 / Device 0x15BC ) as the Aorus Elite and it's flawless working with Big Sur, but since Monterey I could never get it to work.

Though IORegistry Explorer and About This Mac show the port as connected and as en0 there's no way I can use it. 

Under Network Settings all looks good, I get an DHCP adress, green lights everywhere but  It is only constantly switching on and off. 😞

I have been searching the internet countless hours for a solution. So far without any success !

On one of these sites someone talked about wrong DisableIoMapper setting and VT-D enable/disable in Bios, I played around with various settings but no...  no joy !

Do you guys use the ethernet ? Is it working for you OOB ?

Thanks for any thoughts & recommendations.

i219V_1.png

i219V_2.png

@polkaholga

Mine is working fine since Big Sur to Ventura. Only IntelMausi.kext.

DisableIoMapper=True so VT-d in BIOS doesn't matter.

Nothing in DeviceProperties of config.plist for Ethernet device.

I see in your pic that IntelMausi is located in /Library/Extensions, OpenCore doesn't load it in this way, did you install the kext in that folder in the past? Try deleting /Library/Extensions/IntelMausi.kext and loading it only from OpenCore, adding it into the Kexts folder and the config.plist file.

EDIT: get the file from Acidanthera or HackyColor, they are different brands of the same original, both must work in our systems.

Edited by miliuco

9 hours ago, miliuco said:

@polkaholga

Mine is working fine since Big Sur to Ventura. Only IntelMausi.kext.

DisableIoMapper=True so VT-d in BIOS doesn't matter.

Nothing in DeviceProperties of config.plist for Ethernet device.

I see in your pic that IntelMausi is located in /Library/Extensions, OpenCore doesn't load it in this way, did you install the kext in that folder in the past? Try deleting /Library/Extensions/IntelMausi.kext and loading it only from OpenCore, adding it into the Kexts folder and the config.plist file.

EDIT: get the file from Acidanthera or HackyColor, they are different brands of the same original, both must work in our systems.

Thank you for your response.

Well, there's definitely no IntelMausi in any of the system's extension folders. I remember having some non-system kexts at /Library/Extensions in the old Chameleon days (R.I.P), but since I moved

to Clover and later OC I have always run my hacks with "vanilla" system folders. So yes... that's a good point & question why it shows up as located in /Library/Extensions...

I'm going to install Ventura from scratch on a separate disc and start from there....

• Like 1