[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.8.4 > 0.8.5 differences

miliuco

4 posts in this topic

OpenCore 0.8.5 is out. Get it from Acidanthera.

Also, message by @PMheart to be read.

Main changes

• AcpiSamples: split SSDT-HV-DEV into separate SSDTs (SSDT-HV-DEV-WS2022 for Windows Server 2022 and SSDT-HV-DEV for the rest).
  • Fixed Hyper-V startup disk device path expansion (paths changed to allow for hot add/remove of disks).
  • Updated builtin firmware versions for SMBIOS.

config.plist

Nothing to do.

Kexts

• BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.4: improve compatibility with BCM43142A0 (Lenovo, Sony...) on macOS Big Sur.
  • CryptexFixup 1.0.0: initial release. Lilu Kernel extension for installing Rosetta Cryptex in macOS Ventura on machines that lack the AVX2 CPU instruction (Intel Ivy Bridge and older, AMD Bulldozer/Piledriver/Steamroller and older).
  • FeatureUnlock 1.1.0: added support for unsupported iPad models.
  • MacHyperVSupport 0.9.2: fixes, added support for hot add/remove of disks, added support for guest restart via Restart-VM.
  • VoodooPS2Controller 2.3.1: fixed disabled keyboard after reboot.
  • WhateverGreen 1.6.2: update Intel FAQs (FAQ.IntelHD.en.md).

Note about CryptexFixup.kext

Read the khronokernel post macOS Ventura and OpenCore Legacy Patcher Support >> Removal of pre-AVX2 dyld shared cache where you'll find extended info. Those old systems lacking AVX2 can't have Ventura without Rosetta Cryptex ripped from an active Apple Silicon installation or extracted from an Apple Silicon IPSW.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Thanks @deeveedee

As the month goes by, I check the beta releases of OC and kexts in Dortania build repo and I note the kexts with new builds but, at the end, not all of them are released as new.

I'll pay attention to this following your advices.

Fixed in the first post.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2