Clover 5149 Won't Boot Anything

CC_333

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm trying to install macOS Monterey on my hackintosh (Gigabyte GA-Z270P-D3H, Intel Core i7-6700K, 32 GB DDR4 2667MHz RAM), but I'm having trouble getting Clover to cooperate.

I have 5070 set up for my main Mojave install, and it works perfectly, but I downloaded Clover 5149 and installed it  onto a spare USB 3.0 flash drive that I use for experimentation and testing purposes (this same flash drive worked fine with 5070, so there's no reason I can think of that 5149 wouldn't), but it won't boot any version of macOS, including my known-good Mojave install, without a hard crash at a blank screen.

The best I can figure is that perhaps there's some setting mismatch between 5070 and 5149 (I copied my 5070 config.plist file over to 5149's EFI folder), but I if there is a mismatch, I can't figure out where it is.

Can anybody help?

c

OK, replying to myself...

I got it to work!

I needed to add some Clover drivers (OpenRuntime among them), and then it started working.  I can even get into the Monterey installer now!

However, it doesn't work.  Installation gets about half way done, and then there's an unexpected error that causes the installation to abort.  I can't simply restart the installation though, because relaunching it results in the same error right away.  If I reboot, then it works until the unexpected error happens half way through again.  Why is this?

c

I will ask you to read forum rules and make signature.

About installation error you should show what the error you see else we can't help you.

As well upload config.plist and make preboot.log by typing F2.

• Like 1

OK, I thought I had a signature?  Hmm....

Anyway, I figured it out!  I'm not exactly what I did, but it worked, and now it fully installs and boots!

Does System Integrity Protection have anything to do with it?  One of the things I did was to enable SIP.  It would be odd to me if Monterey can't run with SIP disabled, but I suppose it's possible?

Whatever.  I'm just glad it worked!

c

Edited by CC_333