HD Graphics 655 & i3-8109u : no acceleration & black screen without -igfxvesa arg

frankynov

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I believe my issue is similar to the other topic here but I didn't want to pollute it as it is slightly different config, let me know if I should merge it :)

I am using a nuc-like config, a Trigkey Speed S1 Mini PC, which is a clone of another one called Beelink SEI8. Not an ideal config I have to admit as the documentation is almost inexistant. On the other hand, the BIOS setup has pages and pages of tons of content that I never saw before, quite positive.

So, I have an issue with the graphics acceleration on that machine. Being a Coffee Lake and Iris 655 and similar to the other topic above, I believe it is a laptop CPU embedded on a desktop board. Dortania guide mentions regularly that we should consider the NUC as laptops.

I am using a MacMini8,1 SMBIOS as recommended too, with OpenCore and kext's from July 2022. The machine has 2 HDMI ports, I connect 1 HDMI screen via an HDMI cable with no adapter involved.

Here is my frame buffer settings that allow me to boot with these parameters in low performance mode -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 -wegnoegpu -igfxonln=1 -igfxvesa

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
				<data>
				CQClPg==
				</data>
				<key>device-id</key>
				<data>
				pT4AAA==
				</data>
				<key>disable-agdc</key>
				<data>
				AQAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>enable-hdmi20</key>
				<data>
				AQAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>force-online</key>
				<data>
				AQAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
				<data>
				BQAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
				<data>
				AQAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
				<data>
				EgAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
				<data>
				AAgAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
				<data>
				BAAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
				<data>
				AQAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
				<data>
				EgAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
				<data>
				AAQAAA==
				</data>
				<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
				<data>
				AQAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>hda-gfx</key>
				<string>onboard-1</string>
				<key>igfxfw</key>
				<data>
				AgAAAA==
				</data>
				<key>model</key>
				<string>Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655</string>
			</dict>

Whenever I remove the -igfxvesa boot argument, I'm getting a black screen. I can type in the blind my password, open a terminal and reboot so macOS works, but no screen at all.

In Hackintool I can see the following regarding the GPU/Screen :

Regarding the screen :

1107347402_Capturedcran2022-08-0314_10_54.png.90a8bd302fc75b27f13103ac882032ee.png

And the connectors. I don't like the Red line on the first input, but I have to admit I don't know how to read that. Hackintool is a bit confusing for someone like me who don't decompile ACPI code on a daily basis :D

2069018134_Capturedcran2022-08-0314_11_21.png.7ccdf1895946f3211b98c4101e21f1cc.png

I would really appreciate some help here ! For sure the config is not easy, I did multiple hacks before including AMD Ryzen and it was quite straight forward, but this one is giving me so much headaches !

Thanks !

Regards,

Franky

25 minutes ago, Baio77 said:

Test this EFI EFI.zip,if start new ioreg .
But is it a desktop or laptop ??

Hi Baio,

Many thanks for trying to help me.

I gave a go on the EFI folder, reset NVRAM, but unfortunately it doesn't boot at all, looks like it's stuck after SMCSuperIO.

It is physically a desktop - there is no builtin screen but I believe it is using a CPU/GPU combination that is usually found on laptops.

image.thumb.jpeg.0de8c7fa15c66248332f5c0cac5047c6.jpeg

Edited by frankynov

Hi everyone :)

So I have updated all my kext to the latest stable versions, also OpenCore to 0.8.3.
Sadly that didn't improve my issues with the graphics acceleration.

With all the details I posted above, would someone be able to have a look on how I can maybe progress on that ?

Again don't hesitate if you need further info, dumps, etc.

Thanks !