Clover configurator problem

mariosun

9 posts in this topic

From many versions the Clover Configurator app has serious problems if you use the features guaranteed by Clover Bootloader.

I am referring in particular to the KernelToPatch section and the skip and count tabs which are completely missing (see photo below)

The even more serious thing is that if you provide a config.plist that has these two tabs in it, the app just with a simple save deletes the config lines, producing serious difficulties and a non-working config.plist

This is of particular importance for users with AMD CPUs, but it is also of some importance for Intel users who use some Kernel patches with clover (take a look to know which ones are in the samplefull.plist present in the opencore docs)

image.thumb.png.5c1ed83914c0f1ccb839731594832e6a.png

To avoid controversy I am attaching a link where the Clover dev (Slice) explains the changes in the clover versions .. and skip and count are present and identical to the corresponding versions of OpenCore!

image.thumb.png.f68ff209b881021ccba0f36d9357e06f.png

Edited by mariosun
  • Like 2

Guest 5T33Z0

Don't edit this section in Clover Configurator. It's not implemented apparently. Use a Plist Editor like ProperTree (yes, it works with any plist) and add these keys manually. I reported the issue on mackie100's website.

Edited by 5T33Z0

44 minutes ago, Slice said:

Where is the maintainer of the Clover Configurator? 

I have no access to it and I don't take any responsibility for it.

No one has given to you some responsibility😂

because some people think this was an AMD only problem and not a general app problem I have marked again also here this fact known from years from every AMD an clover bootloader users

Guest 5T33Z0
11 hours ago, mariosun said:

No one has given to you some responsibility😂

because some people think this was an AMD only problem and not a general app problem I have marked again also here this fact known from years from every AMD an clover bootloader users

There are not many Kernel Patches on the Intel side which utiize the "Count" and "Skip" paramters, that's probably why it's considered an AMD-only issue. It's a bit weird that these keys haven't been implented into Clover Configurator after about 2 years. But on the other hand, Clover doesn't come with a proper changelog which would make it easier for the Clover Configurator Dev to track the changes and implement them. It goes both ways.

Attached plist is a part of custom sample plist found in OpenCore documentation:

SampleCustom.plist.zip

these patches are not AMD related, maybe many of them could need to debug stuff and problem but some of them have other purposes

Now, if clover boot loader has a different way or option  to use them there is no problem

If we have to convert for Clover and put them in KernelToPatch or KextToPatch sections Clover boot loader users have a big problem if then they edit config.plist with clover configurator...

So opened issue should be more general and not only AMD related and that way for the CC dev it might be more interesting to fix the bug!

it would also be useful to link this thread to CC devs, perhaps moving it to the most appropriate Clover area :)

Edited by mariosun
thread moved in appropriate area
  • Like 2