System Preference not showing 12.4 update

mengshi

19 posts in this topic

For some reason my System Preference is not showing me the 12.4 update. I read up and it has perhaps something to do with SIP. I looked at my OC config.plist and csr-active-config has always been enabled and set at 00000000 (Enabled) and never changed.

What gives? Why is this time different?

Edited by mengshi

Boot args: -v keepsyms=1 alcid=99

Basically I didn't change all these apart from updating to OC 0.8 after 12.3 (I think). It is the first time this has ever happened....

Edited by mengshi

On 5/19/2022 at 7:40 PM, mengshi said:

And this says an installation and not an update. Proceeding....see how....

Clicking Get in App Store downloads the full macOS installer, not the update. It’s a valid way bur more complex than updating from System Preferences. 
I don’t know why is happening to you. Do you have SIP disabled?

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

Clicking Get in App Store downloads the full macOS installer, not the update. It’s a valid way bur more complex than updating from System Preferences. 
I don’t know why is happening to you. Do you have SIP disabled?

No SIP is enabled. 

Currently yping "software" into activity monitor shows this:

image.thumb.png.6e38a61b22bd474a5c434b49a6672fc0.png

Is this normal or am I missing anything? 

I am not seeing "com.apple.preferencs.softwareupdate.removeservice (System Preferences)" as indicated in the article above. This is with "Automatic keep my Mac up to date" - either enabled or disabled. Same. Perhaps I am missing this? If so, how do I get it back?

Edited by mengshi

Bro - I'd say his install is corrupt, his Activity Monitor/Disk readout should look like the attached plus not getting Update notification, therefore his system needs a complete reinstall in my opinion albeit a pain in the rear to go through that process.

Spoiler

1299214236_Screenshot2022-05-21at8_43_50am.png.864ddeb72b4bc60293aea53ee9166d2a.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Slice said:

As it is OC then be sure SecureBoot=default.

My SecureBootModel is currently Disabled.

I think mine has been set to Disabled for a long time already as it is something I don't touch. I'll change it to default.  I guess I'll have to wait for the next update to see. At the moment my machine is running as usual.

Edited by mengshi

34 minutes ago, mengshi said:

My SecureBootModel is currently Disabled.

I think mine has been set to Disabled for a long time already as it is something I don't touch. I'll change it to default.  I guess I'll have to wait for the next update to see. At the moment my machine is running as usual.

How is the Activity Monitor now, any improvement?

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

How is the Activity Monitor now, any improvement?

It was the same when I checked. Then I killed SoftwareUpdatemanager. Then I click on SystemPreference and Software Update and then the Activity Monitor shows what the link above mentioned. Hurray!

image.thumb.png.e5e72796107a8e814e7599187ed997d2.png

Edited by mengshi

I am not absolutely certain but it seems some column information is still missing (Bytes Written / Bytes Read / PID / User) comparing it to mine above.

7 hours ago, mengshi said:

My SecureBootModel is currently Disabled…

Monterey needs SecureBootModel Default for updates. Not needed for daily use after updated.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, miliuco said:

Monterey needs SecureBootModel Default for updates. Not needed for daily use after updated.

Yes!

Except Clover which can set HWTarget.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 7:07 PM, miliuco said:

I don't agree that Monterey needs SecureBootModel Default for updates.
I have 2 computers (same hardware) where one has SecureBootModel = Disabled and the other one has SecureBootModel = Default.

The difference I see, is that the one with Disabled only gets full updates, and the one with Default gets Delta updates which are much smaller 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Taruga said:

I don't agree that Monterey needs SecureBootModel Default for updates.
I have 2 computers (same hardware) where one has SecureBootModel = Disabled and the other one has SecureBootModel = Default.

The difference I see, is that the one with Disabled only gets full updates, and the one with Default gets Delta updates which are much smaller 

Yes, I didn't explain myself correctly. I think Monterey needs Default for update from Software Update but for full updates with Install macOS Monterey.app does not need it.