Jump to content

System Preference not showing 12.4 update


19 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

For some reason my System Preference is not showing me the 12.4 update. I read up and it has perhaps something to do with SIP. I looked at my OC config.plist and csr-active-config has always been enabled and set at 00000000 (Enabled) and never changed.

 

What gives? Why is this time different?

Edited by mengshi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Boot args: -v keepsyms=1 alcid=99

 

Basically I didn't change all these apart from updating to OC 0.8 after 12.3 (I think). It is the first time this has ever happened....

Edited by mengshi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok. Above installed successfully but the Activity Monitor still does not show “com.apple.preferencs.softwareupdate.removeservice (System Preferences)”. Only this:

 

image.thumb.png.7ab23cd3e7b1032a40020349ec55a980.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 7:40 PM, mengshi said:

And this says an installation and not an update. Proceeding....see how....

Clicking Get in App Store downloads the full macOS installer, not the update. It’s a valid way bur more complex than updating from System Preferences. 
I don’t know why is happening to you. Do you have SIP disabled?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, miliuco said:

Clicking Get in App Store downloads the full macOS installer, not the update. It’s a valid way bur more complex than updating from System Preferences. 
I don’t know why is happening to you. Do you have SIP disabled?

 

No SIP is enabled. 

 

Currently yping "software" into activity monitor shows this:

 

image.thumb.png.6e38a61b22bd474a5c434b49a6672fc0.png

 

 

Is this normal or am I missing anything? 

 

I am not seeing "com.apple.preferencs.softwareupdate.removeservice (System Preferences)" as indicated in the article above. This is with "Automatic keep my Mac up to date" - either enabled or disabled. Same. Perhaps I am missing this? If so, how do I get it back?

 

 

 

Edited by mengshi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bro - I'd say his install is corrupt, his Activity Monitor/Disk readout should look like the attached plus not getting Update notification, therefore his system needs a complete reinstall in my opinion albeit a pain in the rear to go through that process.

Spoiler

1299214236_Screenshot2022-05-21at8_43_50am.png.864ddeb72b4bc60293aea53ee9166d2a.png

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Slice said:

As it is OC then be sure SecureBoot=default.

 

My SecureBootModel is currently Disabled.

 

I think mine has been set to Disabled for a long time already as it is something I don't touch. I'll change it to default.  I guess I'll have to wait for the next update to see. At the moment my machine is running as usual.

 

 

Edited by mengshi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, mengshi said:

 

My SecureBootModel is currently Disabled.

 

I think mine has been set to Disabled for a long time already as it is something I don't touch. I'll change it to default.  I guess I'll have to wait for the next update to see. At the moment my machine is running as usual.

 

 

How is the Activity Monitor now, any improvement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, eSaF said:

How is the Activity Monitor now, any improvement?

 

It was the same when I checked. Then I killed SoftwareUpdatemanager. Then I click on SystemPreference and Software Update and then the Activity Monitor shows what the link above mentioned. Hurray!

image.thumb.png.e5e72796107a8e814e7599187ed997d2.png

 

Edited by mengshi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not absolutely certain but it seems some column information is still missing (Bytes Written / Bytes Read / PID / User) comparing it to mine above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mengshi said:

My SecureBootModel is currently Disabled…

Monterey needs SecureBootModel Default for updates. Not needed for daily use after updated.

 

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, miliuco said:

Monterey needs SecureBootModel Default for updates. Not needed for daily use after updated.

 

Yes!

Except Clover which can set HWTarget.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 7:07 PM, miliuco said:

Monterey needs SecureBootModel Default for updates. Not needed for daily use after updated.

I don't agree that Monterey needs SecureBootModel Default for updates.
I have 2 computers (same hardware) where one has SecureBootModel = Disabled and the other one has SecureBootModel = Default.

The difference I see, is that the one with Disabled only gets full updates, and the one with Default gets Delta updates which are much smaller 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Taruga said:

I don't agree that Monterey needs SecureBootModel Default for updates.
I have 2 computers (same hardware) where one has SecureBootModel = Disabled and the other one has SecureBootModel = Default.

The difference I see, is that the one with Disabled only gets full updates, and the one with Default gets Delta updates which are much smaller 

Yes, I didn't explain myself correctly. I think Monterey needs Default for update from Software Update but for full updates with Install macOS Monterey.app does not need it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...