Which macOS for Toshiba L875-S7108?

zydoslav

79 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, aben said:

@zydoslav I think I finally found the reason why the earlier patched DSDT I shared with you was causing a hang at boot. It looks like I overlooked just one important thing: your SATA device is actually defined as SAT0 and not SATA like mine, which was causing conflicts, sorry about that! That's the only difference between your ACPI table and mine, everything else is literally a carbon copy.

I'm attaching the EFI with the corrected DSDT patch. Please test and let me know if your system boots now. Also, you should no longer see any more errors with ACPI parsing which should now improve boot times as well :) 

EFI.zip 8.28 MB · 2 downloads

Tried this EFI today, still hangs on boot, and still shows ACPI error before it stucks. No problem at all @aben, for now my Big Sur looks quite stable. I need some time to test how it will behave when I will put something heavy on it. I'll try to install 11.6.5 update one day, but before that I will make a copy of whole system using timemachine.

I will try to manually install ACPIBatteryManager also :) thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zydoslav said:

Tried this EFI today, still hangs on boot, and still shows ACPI error before it stucks. No problem at all @aben, for now my Big Sur looks quite stable. I need some time to test how it will behave when I will put something heavy on it. I'll try to install 11.6.5 update one day, but before that I will make a copy of whole system using timemachine.

I will try to manually install ACPIBatteryManager also :) thanks!

No worries and thank you for testing! Atleast we tried exhausting all possible options haha. I believe you are utilizing the disc drive slot for your macOS install, correct? If so, maybe this is probably the reason why your DSDT with these patches will not work as intended. As long as Big Sur is stable enough for you, not much to worry then. Anyways, glad I was of some help to you on this thread and hope it was informative at least :) 

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aben said:

No worries and thank you for testing! Atleast we tried exhausting all possible options haha. I believe you are utilizing the disc drive slot for your macOS install, correct? If so, maybe this is probably the reason why your DSDT with these patches will not work as intended. As long as Big Sur is stable enough for you, not much to worry then. Anyways, glad I was of some help to you on this thread and hope it was informative at least :) 

Cheers!

I have put additional SSD instead of my Toshiba's DVD, yes. And this drive is only for macOS purposes. The amount of help and information I have gathered from here was huuuuge, I am really happy for that.

At first I was scared with OpenCore (it looked really complicated for me), but with your help ( @aben & @5T33Z0 ) I became more familiar with it. Still it looks complicated, but now I can see that with reading manual of opencore and kexts really nice things could be done and even an old machine can run new version of macOS without bigger problems. Sometimes it just requires huge amount of time to run it properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zydoslav said:

I have put additional SSD instead of my Toshiba's DVD, yes. And this drive is only for macOS purposes.

Ahh, that makes more sense now. I now see why these DSDT patches were possibly failing for you. One of the patches I added was solely targeted to compatibility for the internal SATA device alone, which would cause a no-boot in this scenario since they operate as different devices at the ACPI level, possibly even separate interfaces firmware wise. Even if I had known this prior, it wouldn’t have been any different since I have no experience whatsoever with this type of setup nor do I have access to the required peripherals in order to help test haha. I guess it’s just one of those rare cases, for me atleast…however glad to know the forum was quite helpful and educational for you. 

• Like 1