Disable Panic Logging + AppleXcpmForceBoost

makk

5 posts in this topic

I am interested in knowing about following so I do not become short on something.

Disable Panic Logging :::   Is there one for Big Sur and Monterey to disable panic logging?

In Quirks found AppleXcpmForceBoost.  what does this do?

would AppleXcpmExtraMsrs be useful for a Broadwell CPU and System?

Please review the Screenshots

Thank you! ;)

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 2.59.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 3.09.24 PM.png

AppleXcpmForceBoost: Puts the CPU in turbo mode at all time. Do not use unless you run heavy calculations 24/7—or desperately need extra house warming.

AppleXcpmExtraMsrs: Unlocks MSR register 0x1AA, which macOS uses for power management on Xeon E5, Scalable, W-2000 and W-3000 (similar and in addition to MSR 0xE2). Not relevant for consumer Core or Xeon E3, E-2000, W-1000 CPUs.

Further explanations are in OpenCore documentation since these are OpenCore-derived quirks.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, etorix said:

AppleXcpmForceBoost: Puts the CPU in turbo mode at all time. Do not use unless you run heavy calculations 24/7—or desperately need extra house warming.

AppleXcpmExtraMsrs: Unlocks MSR register 0x1AA, which macOS uses for power management on Xeon E5, Scalable, W-2000 and W-3000 (similar and in addition to MSR 0xE2). Not relevant for consumer Core or Xeon E3, E-2000, W-1000 CPUs.

Further explanations are in OpenCore documentation since these are OpenCore-derived quirks.

@PMheart @etorix

Thank you for this answer.

Great work you always do!

I have used many in the past!

can I ask you about the board id patches? for Big Sur and Monterey if there are any and if they are needed?

Yes, I do read them, but they read like a technical spec out docs that leave very little to the layman who reads letters and numbers.

Certainly don't want to have a meltdown.

Board ID argments found in Whatevergreen.kext.

There's a few I am not explicitly up on the lingo there.

And would desire if possible the correct one to use if needed.

The panic logging is in the Quirks I think?

but in case they aren't is there a patch to be used in Kernel to Patch?

Edited by makk

• 4 weeks later...

Yes and Thanks for this quirk and I hope don't deprecated in the future this quirk cause my CPU Xeon 5 it take well benefit from it and I can run it all the time if I want cause my CPU it's water cooled, I done a stress test on it for a hour and it works flawlessly.

Xeon-Monterey.png