[solved] software update no longer working

T0pol

9 posts in this topic

Until recently sowftare update was working on my iMhack . I have updated Big sur to .1, and .2 without any problem and without updating opencore (0.6.9)

I know this is an old OpencCore (on an old motherboard)  but why has it been working to update Big Sur ?

The recent Safari update has been offerred. But no Big Sur .3 offered.

I remember doing something : give terminal full access to root partition because of "operation not permited" (like here https://osxdaily.com/2018/10/09/fix-operation-not-permitted-terminal-error-macos/ )
Maybe it's related ?

51 minutes ago, T0pol said:

Until recently sowftare update was working on my iMhack . I have updated Big sur to .1, and .2 without any problem and without updating opencore (0.6.9)

I know this is an old OpencCore (on an old motherboard)  but why has it been working to update Big Sur ?

The recent Safari update has been offerred. But no Big Sur .3 offered.

I remember doing something : give terminal full access to root partition because of "operation not permited" (like here https://osxdaily.com/2018/10/09/fix-operation-not-permitted-terminal-error-macos/ )
Maybe it's related ?

I already told you how to update OpenCore to resolve the issue in this thread:

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Maybe if you have Developer Seed activated, you'll need to deactivate it to get the BS final release update!!!???

I never choose this option : 11.6.0 has been download, installed, 11.6.1 update has been installed, 11.6.2 update has been installed.

2 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I already told you how to update OpenCore to resolve the issue in this thread:

yes but OC update produces me a grey scren.

I think a will try a progressive update of OC : 0.6.9 to 0.7.0 etc..

Just now, T0pol said:

I never choose this option : 11.6.0 has been download, installed, 11.6.1 update has been installed, 11.6.2 update has been installed.

Ah well maybe you need to follow and heed @5T33Z0 direction above.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, T0pol said:

I have dowloaded a  Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3.0.7.1 EFI   Folder for my motherboard , I will try it.

If your solution is just downloading EFI after EFI until one works instead of fixing the actual configuration problem, there's no need to ask for help in forums!

well to resume

I Have tried the OC updated method you gave me in another thread : https://github.com/5T33Z0/OC-Little-Translated/tree/main/D_Updating_OpenCore

And I applied the notes , this gave me an 0.7.7 USB Stick with my kexts and config.plist updated .... and a blank gey screen before the drive picker. I will try this later.

AND 

I still do not know why my system (OC 0.6.9) that allowed me to upgrade Big Sur from .0 to .1 and .2 is no longer able to upgrade do .3. Maybe there is something in this install.log that can help.

I have also checked that csrutil is correct

csrutil status : enabled  and authenticated-root status enabled too

but this :

nvram 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:csr-active-config
7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:csr-active-config    %10%00%00%00

install.log.zip

SOLVED : 

I changed csr-active-config    %10%00%00%00 to <00000000>

reboot : nothing new in software update.

reboot after clean NVRAM ....

Then I decided do re-install BigSur via CMD-R at boot. This updated my BigSur 11.6.2 to .11.6.3

2047573290_Screenshot2022-01-29at11_45_09.png.7dd16f0b9fdef2e5493eef24f73c5d1e.png

Edited by T0pol
forgot something