How to remap insert key with voodoops2.kext?

xiyue

4 posts in this topic

I uses voodoops2.kext to drive my laptop keybroad and external keybroad, how to remap insert key with it?  The insert key is very usefull in some apps, that's especially true when it comes to remote windows os.

Edited by xiyue

12 hours ago, xiyue said:

I uses voodoops2.kext to drive my laptop keybroad and external keybroad, how to remap insert key with it?  The insert key is very usefull in some apps, that's especially true when it comes to remote windows os.

I think you should take sources of the driver and change remapping in the table.

I can be more specific if you choose my version. The link is in my signature.

16 hours ago, Slice said:

I think you should take sources of the driver and change remapping in the table.

I can be more specific if you choose my version. The link is in my signature.

Please give me more specific based your version, I'll trying to replace it.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:26 AM, xiyue said:

Please give me more specific based your version, I'll trying to replace it.

OK, see https://github.com/SergeySlice/VoodooPS2-for-ALPS/blob/Release-6-WIP/VoodooPS2Keyboard/ApplePS2ToADBMap.h

The list of codes means ADB codes ordered by scan codes.

So if your keyboard emit scan code 0x7D pressing Volume Up then the driver send ADB code 0x48 which macOS understand as Volume Up. Line 163 in the sources.

Now look for Insert key.

The driver propose that the key will emit scan code sequence {0xE0, 0x52} which the driver will translate to ADB code 0x92 which macOS understand as Insert key. Line 381.

As I understand your keyboard emit other scan code so why you have a problem.

I don't know but propose this key produces Volume Up reaction from macOS so you will know that the key produces scan code 0x7D. In this key you have to change line 163 from 0x7D to 0x92.

Understandable?

If you don't know what is the scan code of the key then you can make version with logging. Start your computer once with this version, open Terminal.app, press some keys on keyboard and look hex code produced.

You may compile the project as DEBUG and check system log.

Or you may define DEBUG_VERBOSE=1 and catch only scan codes in the terminal up if kextload the kext here.