[SOLVED] Stuck at "OC: Watchdog status is 0" with OpenCore 0.7.6

RePete222

6 posts in this topic

I am attempting to installl Big Sur on my AMD hack (see sig), using OpenCore 0.7.6 as bootloader.  After following the Dortania guide, I get this screenful of messages, ending with "OC: Watchdog status is 0".  It gets stuck there, and does not bring up the picker screen.  I have tried setting NVRAM WriteFlash and LegacyEnable to NO, and still get the same result.

1354420543_OCmsgsscreenshot.jpeg.1424d9c965df6cc350789874c7b57c77.jpeg

I also notice the message "OCCPU: Failed to get FSBFrequency data using Apple Platform Info - Not Found".  Is this relevant to the issue?

Thanks

EDIT: Added boot logfile from latest attempt.  Tried with CSM turned off in BIOS, got same result.

config.plist

opencore-2022-01-14-145601.txt

Edited by RePete222
Mark solved

Assuming your using the EFI from the first post. The FX 8350 does not have the RDRAND instruction, so I believe when OC tries to load HfsPlus, the driver crashes when trying to use that instruction.  You will want to grab HFSPlusLegacy from here: https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData/blob/master/Drivers/HfsPlusLegacy.efi

Don't forget to update your config.plist under UEFI->Drivers as well.

Making some progress now! :) 

Made it to the picker screen.  The first time, I barely had time to read it when some default selection was made.  Would this be some old Clover or Chameleon setting hanging around & getting in the way?  What do I need to change in config.plist to either lengthen or eliminate the timeout interval?

Anyway, I did eventually manage to choose the Big Sur installer, and got it started loading.  However, still not making it all the way into the installer--it hangs after writing the message "validate_root_image: validating root dmg /BaseSystem/BaseSystem.dmg" (was stuck there for over 5 minutes before I broke it off).

I did not see a Reset NVRAM option on the picker menu.  Since I am in the process of making the switch from Clover, I would like to be able to reset my NVRAM.  Any config.plist setting needed to present that option?

Attaching log from latest attempt.

opencore-2022-01-14-202629.txt

Success at last! :)  Booted all the way into the Big Sur installer, which is chugging along as I write this.

Apparently it takes about 11 minutes to get past the validate_root_image message; when I gave it enough time, it was crashing on a KP at first.  After trying various things, I finally determined that I had only edited the Monterey-specific cpu_cores_per_pkg patch--I had missed the other two patches, including the one pertaining to Big Sur.  Once those were taken care of, I got past the KP and made it all the way in.