GIGABYTE AORUS ELITE B560M: Sleep does not work with bios above F3

Amadeu_Modigliani

8 posts in this topic

I'm using Monterey 12.1, the equipment works all day very well, however sleep only works the first time, then when I go to sleep again it turns off the cooler, but the power light remains on, when I press a key the computer restarts.

A friend reported to me that in bios F3 this did not happen.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte B560M Aorus Elite with F7 bios, from this bios it does not downgrade.

I use i5-11600K, but I also tested it with a 10th generation processor and the problem persists.

Could someone help me resolve this?

Hi - I am not familiar with your B560M but on some Gigabyte boards like the Z390 AORUS Pro WIFI, which is mine, in the BIOS there is a setting ERP, this must be enabled to cut power to USB ports when machine is asleep or powered off. Don't know if this will help your problem but worth a try???!!!

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi - I am not familiar with your B560M but on some Gigabyte boards like the Z390 AORUS Pro WIFI, which is mine, in the BIOS there is a setting ERP, this must be enabled to cut power to USB ports when machine is asleep or powered off. Don't know if this will help your problem but worth a try???!!!

My ERP was disabled, I enabled it but the problem remains the same. Here is a pic of my bios setup.

IMG_8220.thumb.jpg.278a6901a2498c5bf1fe8c42d0eead62.jpg

2 hours ago, Baio77 said:

Archivio.zip Try these files, add them in your EFI, set it up, if you start ioreg and see if you still have problems. If you already use SSDT-GPRW delete it and use my files

I tested this, added kext and aml file to the correct folders to open core, saved and rebooted. The problem remained the same. Could you give me more instructions than looking in ioreg?

Ps: I don't use SSDT-GPRW

• 9 months later...