Need help with OpenCore update to 0.7.6

themacmeister

2 posts in this topic

I am currently running Mojave 10.14.6 (latest security updates) using Gigabyte H370 HD3 + RX 580 8GB Sapphire Pulse, 16GB RAM (2x8GB) booting off NVME Intel 660p PCIE SSD.

I converted to OpenCore 0.6.0 from Clover using the conversion guide by Dortania... now dual-booting with Win10 via OpenCore.

I have tried more than 10 times (about 5 hrs each time) to create an OpenCore (0.7.5/0.7.6) USB boot thumbdrive to test before installing. Not one of my attempts has been remotely successful. Only once did both OS appear, and neither of them booted (I got a blue screen on Win 10), and macOS panics instantly. My existing boot still uses FakeSMC + sensors (for full sensor support), but I have been installing VirtualSMC like the guide suggests... 

I have tried requesting a working EFI folder of 0.7.4+ OpenCore to see what I might be configuring incorrectly in config.plist (as nothing is wrong with ACPI or kexts/drivers). 

If anyone can help me out with a "working" EFI with a recent build of OpenCore, it would really help me... I will use existing SMBIOS (iMacPro1,1) and Serial/MLB/ROM etc. Many thanks in advance for any help or files you can provide... This is easily the longest I have attempted a hackintosh with zero success... the most it has taken in the past is a couple of hours 😞

Subreddit is no help (they have now outlawed sharing of EFI folders), and I don't even want to mention a vanilla install or Dortania on TonyMacx86 !!! 

Edited by themacmeister
fix some more missing info

The other forum has long switched to OpenCore, so no problem there!

You haven't fully described your system (CPU? why iMacPro?), not shared you EFI (without serials!) and not described the panic (log or screenshot). More information is needed to help you.

For now all I can say is that the Intel 660p is a potential problem. You may try removing NVMeFix.kext if you use it, or adding it if it's not there.