[Solved] HDMI problem on i7-6700hq HD 530 Graphics

markosgiassA

22 posts in this topic

I have this clevo laptop it has 

CPU: i7-6700hq Intel Core with Intel HD 530 Graphics (1 or 4gb)

Ram:16gb

dGpu: Nvidia Graphics GTX 970m 

Display: 4k 

I used the HDMI cable but i get no signal. 

I used Hackintool to make the properties for the HD 530, it boots, everything works even sound but HDMI with a normal Samsung TV fails to work. 

I suspected -igfxmpc, because i have a 4k display and the TV is a normal TV. 

Though through my trials and errors i still didnt find what exactly should i do to make it work. 

Down below is my EFI folder. 

The PCI for the HD 530 has lots of properties made with Hackintool. Works fine with nvram reset. 
So please if there are mistakes just let me know.

EFI.rar

Edit:

Looks like this laptop uses hdmi connect to the nvidia dGPU. If you want hdmi with macOS must run on Nvidia Gtx 970m. (High Sierra)

Edited by markosgiassA

Hello guys, I will try Baio’s folder in a bit.

Mr.Herve as I said I used hackintool, the properties were made automatically and I tested them right away and they worked. There is only one hdmi output. 
Ow sorry I wrote egpu actually it’s dGpu, built in. 
I will use IOReg and will see about behaviour. 
I didn’t include SMBIOS as I want to keep that information for myself. But I use MacBookPro13,3.

I tried 19160000 with MBP13,1 13,3 but hdmi never worked. 
I tried 19160002 with MBP13,1 13,3 but never worked. 
my laptop bios has the ability to change DVMT-prealloc settings. I have it at 128mb. 

So any recommendations to fix the hdmi ? 
-cdfon, I red it’s helps but I think it doesn’t make a connection. Or I have a problem with the efi because I can’t see any options after pressing screen mirroring. 

@Baio77 in 30 minutes I will try your efi. 
I have some kernel problems and from what I see from your efi it might fix some of them. 

And yes I have windows just tell me what to do to help you investigate:)

Fixed, after that the system gets stuck in verbose mode because of the properties of the graphics are not for my graphics. Especially Gfxytile

After removing gfxytile and 2 dvmt prealloc properties I get to the installation screen. 
now the problem I encountered is after  nvram reset I got loss of the trackpad and it’s button. 
But sure after the installation voodoops2controller and appleps2controller be implemented and get the trackpad work. 

I am not a Hacker, I am a user who has been hacking for a few years and I have accumulated a bit of experience, plus I am part of a Hackintosh group on Telegram. If you go up in the discussion you see your 1st EFI you posted, if you put it back everything will work as before

• 2 weeks later...

yes sorry, I tried his files after acknowledging that the mess up was my fault, I couldn't make it to the Ioreg capture because I got an nvram problem so I had to do bios reset. Anyhow, I tried playing with the properties for the HD530 but I didnt solve anything. The HDMI problem still exists even if Hackintool tool says that the connectors port are actually changed to HDMI. I tried adgpmod=vit6969 but no luck either. 

Any suggestions?

~In WIndows, hdmi works flawlessly 

Edited by markosgiassA

For HDMI I had to use ig-platform-id: 0x191b0000 and agdpmod=vit9696 bootflag on my Skylake Acer. The specs were similar to yours, give it a try

Also it is easy to check if it's using your dGPU or not, plug-in the monitor then on Win check at Display Settings -> Advanced Display settings. If you see GTX, then it is wired to the GTX. if HD 530, then it's not wired to GTX.

If it's wired to the GTX then you're out of luck.

Edited by kushwavez