Failed to run Catalina after trying to update Clover (5119-5142)

bobble999

12 posts in this topic

Decided to try the clover route after wrestling with OC - and decided I'd try my luck updating Clover, following this guide:

Despite this NOT being my first Hackintosh rodeo, I'm still struggling with the following KP (as attached).

IMG_3006.thumb.jpeg.9b6813cbac47a077392a764b6654a60e.jpeg

I've gone through my config.plist and cannot see how it is going wrong - could someone shed some light please?

Thanks in advance

config.plist.zip

9 minutes ago, bobble999 said:

Hi There,

Tried it, Catalina loads, but the display goes blank immediately after login screen shows.  I notice some HDD activity, but screen will not return

Try to boot using verbose mode (-v)

On 11/9/2021 at 12:38 AM, bobble999 said:

I've gone through my config.plist and cannot see how it is going wrong - could someone shed some light please?

Thanks in advance

config.plist.zip 2.32 kB · 2 downloads

Took me 3 Second to find out what's wrong with this config!

No Quirks are set

Follow the Clover Upgrade guide thoroughly and completely and it will work!

And instead of just throwing random EFI files at you, the others could have checked that config as well and would have known what's wrong with it in 3 seconds as well…

Edited by 5T33Z0

Clover is not my strong point and in any case he has been asking for help since yesterday, you could have intervened even earlier, don't you think? Thanks anyway and sorry if we tried to help him out... Pathetic

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Took me 3 Second to find out what's wrong with this config!

No Quirks are set

Follow the Clover Upgrade guide thoroughly and completely and it will work!

Yeah, reading  the upgrade guide again now I think i missed this small, but important detail

NOTE: some of the OpenCore "Kernel Quirks" have different names and are located in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" section of Clover Configurator”

Thanks for the steer - i’ll do this later